ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

*Light Sub Boxes*

I am soon going to be the proud owner of the Clio 172 Cup, and i was wondering what material people might have used to make a decent sounding sub box that really doesnt weight allot, i was thinking carbon fibre would be good but the constant vibrations would eventually shatter it too bit probally!! and not to mention the cost!!!

I suppose its going to have to be some sort of filler/glass fibre on top of thin MDF?? any ideas:confused:

this is a quote from auto acoustics who emailed me ages ago about these boxes

"the weight is around 5-6kg, it is much lighter than a conventional MDF box but is far stronger as the walls are GRP moulded for strength."

so they are a nice easy option,

other than that carbon moulded boxes are very expensive, but u could use carbon sheating, something like two thin layers with sound deadening in between and fibre glass for selaing it?

how bout kevlar?

Tom