ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Light steering.

2002 Clio 172
Sup?
At speed my 172s steering is very light and really confidence inducing. Is this normal? Is it a fault and is there anything I can do to change it?
Cheers.

Think its just the characteristics unfortunately. Old shocks could make it worse, steering rack bushes as well. Doenst mean to say you can tone it right down im sure someone could chip in

2002 Clio 172
Think its just the characteristics unfortunately. Old shocks could make it worse, steering rack bushes as well. Doenst mean to say you can tone it right down im sure someone could chip in
Thanks dude. I've plans to change the shocks. Hopefully that helps.

To give you an idea my car has full coilover on the rear, eibachs on the front, bump steer correction and has had steering rack bushes refreshed, running -1.6 neg up front and just original toe settings, think its 0.07 out, and is quite planted and direct, its not exactly stable at higher speeds but dosent roll around much, its just abit twitchy, its like that at any speed though haha