ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Light on dash on gearstick light,shift light,what you call it?

got in the car this morning noticed the green gearstick light is on all the time?i have searched and searched the forum but cant seem to find anything on this apart from not to call it a shift light:quiet:
i no it should flash when ragging it but have never seen/noticed it until now, hardly had the car above 4000rpm loving the cruise control to much never had it before:D!! sad i no.
Car still running mint no other problems bit of a ruff idle but this is common i believe? just light on dash wont go off can anyone point me in right direction?

cheers

Clio 16v
Main earth from loom, at the back of the box check it's free from oil an grim.

Undo it an clean up both faces then clean box point, spray with WD40 (other sprays are available) an put back together.

Clio 172 phase 1 sc
I have this same problem. I've checked my earths they are fine. There really isn't much info on this light other than it's not a gear shift light! If you find out I'd be grateful to know what it was.