ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

light on dash - need help please

hi, i have recently bought a ph2 172. with a slight gearbox wine, every now and again my stop light comes on with my oil light :S.
i have checked the engine oil every day before driving...everythings fine there.
had the gearbox oil topped up and still the same.

just woundered if anyone had an idea of what it could be or if you have had the problem yourselfs.

cheers

BMW M135i
Assuming the engines actually making correct oil pressure it'll probably just be a duff oil pressure switch.

cheers for that , well the engine seems to run spot on.
i was on a country road yesterday and it came on and i hit a dip in the road and it went off. im assuming its just a faulty senser.. hopefully

BMW M135i
Yeh probably not a great deal of money for a new one and they're easy to change so i'd change it and see what happens.

PH2 172
Mines just started doing this too, getting the sensor changed tomorrow which should solve it, think its going to be around 50 pound all in so not too bad:)

Mines just started doing this too, getting the sensor changed tomorrow which should solve it, think its going to be around 50 pound all in so not too bad:)

will you keep me informed and let me know if it sorts the problem, i was going to wait untill i got a bearing kit or new box and see if that solves it