ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lift off oversteer

Rich2509

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo XC90 & RS172
Is it just me being a crap driver in wet! But mine dont have do lift off oversteer in the wet, really easy, or is it having crap tyres!

Any 'banter' or thoughts greatly appreciated.

TVM.
Rich

Rich2509

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo XC90 & RS172
Emm, me needs to look at my sussy set Up I think, oh...i do hope it's not going to cost too much to square away!!!

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
When sorted, they should be easily provoked into doing this.

It shouldn't be doing it on the way to Tesco though.

Fucked rear shocks and ditch finder tyres are a sure fire way of easy-slidey.

Rich2509

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo XC90 & RS172
What suspension do you have?

I don't know.

When sorted, they should be easily provoked into doing this.

It shouldn't be doing it on the way to Tesco though.

Fucked rear shocks and ditch finder tyres are a sure fire way of easy-slidey.

I was going to change the tyres, will defo, have a look and get the shocks look at.

TVM.

Rich2509

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo XC90 & RS172
Knackered rear shocks, s**t tyres, over inflated rear tyres, carrying too much speed and turning too harsh?

Which of those apply lol?

I guess all of the above!! #backtodrivingschool being out the scene for a few years now!!

TVM for all of the replys.

James363

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
I've always found it's how violently you lift off that causes the oversteer. I use mine as a rally car, and it is dead handy to be able to get a touch of oversteer when you want it. Just give it a bit of boot and then snap the throttle shut. If you want to reduce the lift off oversteer, try being in a higher gear, or keeping your foot in a bit more (scary though!). I'm not sure if the cup is more oversteery than the normal 172, I have read it is, but haven't driven both so idk. Tyres make a big difference too, if you have ditchfinders on the back and pe2's on the front that will cause it.

DanSej6

ClioSport Club Member
Tyres make a massive difference I found. Swapped my worn yokohama and budget combo on the back of mine out for some Uniroyals after spinning at less than 20mph on the way to work and I've not had an issue since. Have to be actually trying to get the backend to slide now rather than it randomly deciding to overtake the front

Rich2509

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo XC90 & RS172
Tyres I have on are some cheap crap. Defo going to invest in some good quality tyres. Thanks to all who have reply.

Love this forum!! So much info available. It's a one stop shop for all RS Clio matters.

TVM.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
General Chat.

It'll definitely be due to budget tyres. I spun my 172 on a roundabout because it had a pair of Infinity tyres on the rear.