ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LHD wipers on RHD car *pic*

Actually its not that much of a cost saving on Renaults part. The current RHD Clios have a drivers side wiper that has a double arm to better sweep the upper corner of the windscreen. I cant imagine this to be a particularly cheap part to design and produce. LHD Clios dont have this, since the passengers view neednt be 100% I suppose!

In the pic, the red car has correct wipers because its a first-generation Clio. All second-generation cars (1998 to present) have wipers that sweep the wrong way.

In the RHD Renault range only the Clio has LHD wipers, I believe. The RHD Peugeot 206 and RHD BMW 5 series have them too, so were not alone! :D

VW Potato

the previous generation S-Class had LHD wipers, too.

I must say, Im still baffled by why we must have LHD wipers. I fully accept your point that our LHD wipers have that special bit that pushes them into the corner...is this cheaper to engineer than flipping the wipers over to the correct side?

If not, than surely LHD renos should have RHD wipers with that massively engineered centre arm like we have?

any ideas?

g

Quote: Originally posted by Scudetto on 03 August 2003
the previous generation S-Class had LHD wipers, too.I must say, Im still baffled by why we must have LHD wipers. I fully accept your point that our LHD wipers have that special bit that pushes them into the corner...is this cheaper to engineer than flipping the wipers over to the correct side?

Im guessing that it may be something to do with the placement of the wiper motor - perhaps in the Clio there just wasnt enough space to fit the motor anywhere else in the conversion to RHD, which is why were stuck with the wipers being the wrong way. Im not complaining really...never had a problem with visibility when its raining (and Im over 6), and to me its just a little bit cool :cool: