ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LG Viewty vs K850i

172beast

Contracts up for renewal begining of Nov and I'm interested in both these phones. I currently have a K800i and love the quick interface and excellent camera so wanting summit similar. Obvious choice was the K850i but I've spotted the LG Viewty and it looks cracking, similar sorta cam to the k850i, better video and touch screen.

Anyone seen both in the flesh? Want opinions and recommendations, really like the look of the LG and reviews sound promising, just never had a LG phone before.

RenaultSport clio 172
Viewty looks great! Im holding out for it. My mate has the Prada which the viewty is based on and i was impressed, simple menus, no crashing and the design looks so much more interesting than the K850

172beast

No-one else have any opinions then? LG Viewty is supposed to be the iphones biggest rival?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Viewty is based on the prada platform which is terrible, however improvments have been made and the camera is great its got cool features but they are all data centric so make sure you have a decent data plan!

The K850 is an evolved k800 which was quite possibly the best phone of last year.
It does not require a heavy amount of data to use the bloody thing.

Arctic FF 182
K850 all the way prada had all sorts of faults and probs with crashing and its made by LG!!!!! that should be enough said. if u got a k800 atm and happy with it you will love the k850, sony actually listened to ppl and ironed out all the annoying little things with this one, like being able to minimise bluetooth. LG viewty has good video but thats bout all its got going for it, touch can be very annoying and athough it comes with a stylus its not intergrated so hangs which could get very annoying but overall the k850 feels a lot nicer its something your happy with and is an all round awesome and better handset

RenaultSport clio 172
Texting is quality, the system is quick and you can either do the normal texting mode with predictive, or turn the phone round widescreen and you have a qwerty style keyboard (which i think is best) or you have a stylus where you can handwrite on the screen.

It has a vibrate function where each time you press a key thr phone vibrates slightly so you know when you have inputted.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've been watching some video reviews of the Viewty and it looks impressive. I wonder how it compares to the iPhone.

Clio_Smart
Due an upgrade in november and was going to upgrade to the k850i as i didnt know about the new LG phone until i read this thread.

I have just seen some videos on youtube and i think im going to upgrade to this.

Very Smart.

This clip done it for me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fDCv1qt-7Q

Last edited:
  Vecta 2.2i SRI 55
hiya im due an upgrade aswell and they guy in phones4u i was talking to was sayin you cant get it on orange and if you break the screen your looking at about £150/200 for a new one, and he said the the firmwear is crap and crashes a lot and the only good thing going for it is the camera and even that he said it not as good as the K850, so thats the one i went for, and my brother has had a few lg's and i cant reamber one that lasted for even 2 months

A4 Avant
I broke my last lg shine after 2 months and my ex tried the prada phone and it was rubbish, then went for an lg shine and broke that after 3 months.

I won't be buying lg again for a while!

Citroen DS3 DSport
The Viewty does look good but in every video I've watched of it the touchscreen does not seem very responsive and often takes several attempts to react?

RenaultSport clio 172
Cant tell you how annoying it is when people post comments about something they havent got, just get one, its the future.

172beast

Well Orange upgrade website reckons its coming soon but I rang em today and they have it in stock as of today so ordered it on upgrade, should be here tomorrow.

Titanium 182
read all the comments on here and can onlt say the screen response is superb.

If you've got David Seaman hands then you might have a problem otherwise the technology in it (even texting with the full QWERTY keyboard) is 100% accurate.

One thing all the forums seem to complain about it the camera zoom being on the ring of the lens, I have not found this to be a problem personally and I take about 30 pics a day of my 9 month old (so i'm frantically having to grab the phone, zoom and shoot). Good flash (Zenon) and DivX support.

Neil

172beast

Again, people slating it without trying it going on what LG have done in the past. Agreed, LG in the past have been shite and I was worried about trying the Viewty, but it really is a cracking phone. The interface works perfectly and is just as quick as my old K800 and a lot lot quicker then my old old N80, doesn't crash, screen responds 100% accurately everytime, cracking phone, I'm very very pleased with mine.