ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LG 4K TV

Skoda Fabia vRS
anyone know why this tv is so cheap ?

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-dvd...4k-ultra-hd-42-led-tv-10029078-pdt.html#cat-0

I don't need 4k, but at that price its hard to ignore and would give us a bit of future proofing, we have NO interest in 3D whatsoever and a lot of the other TV's have it, I don't really want to pay for something id never use

been looking at a Sony W829 but I don't want to be paying for 3D, the W705 is cheaper and doesn't have 3D but hasn't got as good Motion Flow spec

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
I can't see any specifically bad reviews about it, but not sure about future proofing. I'm looking to replace our Panasonic 42" with something 4k (55") but there's all kinds to read about;

8 bit vs 10 bit technology
"Quantum dots" becoming more widespread in 2015
Does it have enough HDMI 2.0 inputs?
Poor gaming refresh rates from some manufacturers/sets (despite whatever processing mhz they quote).
As the availability of 4k content improves can the onboard processor handle the content coming through existing apps/ O/S etc? (Web OS 2.0 due in 2015)

I just think it's still too much in it's infancy. I can see me waiting til next Christmas for the 4k tech to stabilise a bit. Plus hopefully there'll be less 3D sets about, so we can put that gimmick behind us.

3D has value for those that enjoy it. In that sense it cannot be labelled a gimmick.
I would argue that 4K resolution on a 42" set is a gimmick, since it has virtually no value at all. Especially as there is no content.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
I agree. Girlfriend's Dad bought a samsung 65" curved 4k set that cost 3-4k.. and he watches the soaps on it..
I'm not adopting 4k until there is more content around.