ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

lexus lights

Quote: Originally posted by stroodle on 22 June 2005
i think they look awesome, think you lot are just jelious i can afford luxerys like lexus lights

made it look like a new car, !!

sorry to come into the thread late but WOT THE F**K!

quote 1, oh dear mr stroodle put your fake burberry baseball cap down for a minute and look at the cars most of the club members own, theres a large majaority (myself included) who have spent 12k upwards on brand new machinery and youre saying we cant afford 80 quid pikey lights!!!

quote 2 WHAT THE FOOKIN F**K!!!! I think my dear you should have gone to spec savers!!!!!!

WHAT NEXT PLASTIC SPINNERS & NEON LIGHTS !!

id rather have a unique car than, than a car the same as every1 else.
Lexus light are hardly unique are they?
if you do want to be unique, leave them standard, as loads of cars have those poxy lights now (i cant stand lexus lights they are soo last year)

Great wind up thread this is !

Quote: Originally posted by Chris1.4RT on 22 June 2005

Is this guy for real?!!?

:eek: :confused: :mad: :p

This is gonna be the best thread this year.

Dude, cheap mods like those dont make it unique.

It makes it look like every other tacky, tasteless car out there.

i think they look awesome, think you lot are just jelious i can afford luxerys like lexus lights

That is so ridiculous its unreal.

Ok, so people cant afford £70 for a set of crappy lights but can afford a £5000-12000 car?! :confused:

Er ok.

By the way, they need declaring on your insurance.

(exterior decorative changes or words to that effect)

Whats the bet you havent?

LMFAO big time lol

133/225/CLS AMG

Quote: Originally posted by hydeyho on 23 June 2005

Quote: Originally posted by AlexJMills on 23 June 2005

There are loads of car companies who are now replicating the style of the Lexus IS200 lights. You got Mazda/BMW (compact) etc so really they are not just Lexus lights anymore.

Unforunately they are a relatively cheap mod, this means that anyone with a 1.1 Saxo can afford to bolt them on, which has kind of devalued the look of them.

I havent seen any bmws with lexus lights, they have euro style clear lights
Some of the BMW 3 series compacts have clear lights with red relflectors in which have the same kind of look as the aftermarket lexus style ones. Not exact lt Lexus replicas but along the same vein.

You have to smile though. I think its just a bit of a wind-up to be honest, but its made me laugh :D

Hippys please take note - its not the lights that are being slated (we dont have pictures yet :D) - its more the way the topic was bought up and the comment about everyone not being able to afford them. Comedy gold in my view :cool:

DC5

I am so bored at work, and I saw this thread reach the 4 page mark. Thought I better have a read, its bound to be entertaining, I wasnt wrong.

Personally Im not a fan of lexus lights, and dont think they look right on clios, but I say each to their own, and if he likes them, fair play to him!

Pics would be good!

Hippy? I hope you werent referring to me :eek:

Actually the bit about affording them is a bit funny, but I just thought if it was one of my first posts everyones reaction would well put me off posting again/joining the club.

Wonder if well see page 5...

Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 23 June 2005

You have to smile though. I think its just a bit of a wind-up to be honest, but its made me laugh :D

Hippys please take note - its not the lights that are being slated (we dont have pictures yet :D) - its more the way the topic was bought up and the comment about everyone not being able to afford them. Comedy gold in my view :cool:

[Edited by dangermouse_se on 23 June 2005 at 4:49pm]

Not a Clio

flaming this guy is so uncalled for. Hes just sharing his opinion of how he thinks the lights improve his car.

No-one would like this done to them, so why do it to him?

Do what you want to your car mate and enjoy it. You live and learn, somethings you will do then realise (over time) they look a bit tacky. Personally i have always prefered subtle :)

Quote: Originally posted by _simon_ on 23 June 2005

No-one would like this done to them, so why do it to him?

as i said before, personal opinion is something we all have, and a right to voice it, again, is our choice

i was slated plenty of times when pics of my (relatively) standard clio was posted up on here, accused of being a warranty lover etc. did i moan of have people say it was unfar? no, reason : its an opinion, to which everyone is entitled

Not a Clio

there are ways to say you do not like something, some of the replys i have read have been pretty nasty!

LY 200

Wheres apple stroodle gone?

Think hes been scared off by joel and the anti lexus light crew!!!Lol

182... again!

Each to their own, no problem! But implying that mommy and daddy fund everyone else and that we are jeolous!! Wind up or not, excellent thread:D

id rather have a unique car than, than a car the same as every1 else.

every car is unique, its called a reg plate. hehe

Quote: Originally posted by JayR on 23 June 2005
lol how do you know it was a wind up fella!?Who was it?

Because nobody able to pass a driving test is that retarded.

None

Innit Lexus lights all the wayyy!!!!!! I might get some thinking about it dunno what they look like on red cars