ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lexus lights yes or no?

Lexus lights???

• Yes

Votes: 38 8.4%
  • No

Votes: 415 91.6%

• Total voters
  Mountune Tractor
I have stuck on some lexus rear lights on my ph2 172 and I want to know your opinion? I dont have any pics yet but my clio is silver so I think they look quite sweet, any other colour and I wouldn't have done it.

Clio DCi 65
hmm i use to have them, but on a blue clio

then me and my mate sprayed them dark and i think they look better like that!

Clio 172 mk2
A big no from me on any colour but I suppose they are less obvious on a silver car.

Matter of personal preference though....if you like them leave them on.

M2 Competition
No.

Just no.

Standard lights with silvervisions.

Yeah thats what I was thinking........................b****cks!!!!!!

Its no big issue mate. Get some silvervision indicator bulbs, and then sell the lexus clusters on ebay.

Renault did a good job designing the standard clusters on the ph2's, look much simpler and classier than lexus ones, especially once fitted with silver indicator bulbs. Also stops you looking boy racer.

Mountune Tractor
best place to get silvervisions? are they universal or specific to the car?
Watch out for some lexus lights on ebay! lol:rasp:

172 mk2 Iceberg
Yeah thats what I was thinking........................b****cks!!!!!!

Its no big issue mate. Get some silvervision indicator bulbs, and then sell the lexus clusters on ebay.

Renault did a good job designing the standard clusters on the ph2's, look much simpler and classier than lexus ones, especially once fitted with silver indicator bulbs. Also stops you looking boy racer.

yup e bay em quick while thay are still "new"

Why dont you just make a decision yourself, and forget what everyone else thinks? If you like them keep them, if you dont remove them. What someone else thinks about them really should have no bearing on whether you keep them or not.

Clio 172 mk2
That's what I said up there...there is no 'law' against lexus lights.

I'm not personally keen on them by then again I don't like bodykits, lowered cars or graphics.

Mountune Tractor
Yeah I know what your saying guys but I dont want people looking at my motor and thinking ah man that is nice........hang on.......what the f**k is that on the back!!! lol
And more importantly I don't want to look like a boy racer!!!!

Clio 172 mk2
Yeah I know what your saying guys but I dont want people looking at my motor and thinking ah man that is nice........hang on.......what the f**k is that on the back!!! lol
And more importantly I don't want to look like a boy racer!!!!

Fair enough

I think it is a mod which kinda goes hand in hand with large 'jap style' exhausts and bling, bling wheels...but then again I do see quite a few boggo 1 litre Saxos around sporting these lights.

I do think the 172/182 are great looking cars as standard...I think the only thing to do to mod externally on a 172 is putting a cup spoiler on if you haven't already.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
proud to keep my smoked lexus lights, I like them they match my black car. Im not a huge fan of clear lexus lights, but they should look ok on a silver clio. pics!

Mountune Tractor
Yeah I was thinking about popping one of them on, they look sweet.
I think I'm going to keep it pretty standard on the outside but I want to really go to town on it under the bonnet, a bit off the subject but sod it.

ph2 172
Im suprised! When I read the topic title I thought you we're going to get a right beasting but everyone has been suprisingly pleasant lol.

As for the lights mate, NO! You have a cracking car there so don't go cheapening it with Lexarse lights.

Oli/

Clio 172 mk2
Yeah I was thinking about popping one of them on, they look sweet.
I think I'm going to keep it pretty standard on the outside but I want to really go to town on it under the bonnet, a bit off the subject but sod it.

Best way to go really

I'm probably not even going to bother doing much to the engine as it's pretty gutsy as it is....brakes and suspension though could make an already good handing car into a real stormer:)

visualize whirled pe
They are down there with under car neons and stick on 'non functional' air vents as far as I'm concerned.
Lexus lights even look a bit naff on lexus's these days.

Mini Cooper S sport
I think I will post a before and after pic and see what everyone thinks.

With 'after' being once you have returned them to standard? ;)

I hate lexus lights, they look cheap and nasty - even if they aren't!

The standard ones are fine as they are.

titanium 182,
as already stayted your car your decision you shouldnt worry what other people think m8 i personally think they look pony there's nowt wrong with the originals imo including phase 1 rear lights the only mod im gonna do 2 my lights is get silver indicator bulbs that will do me nicely

Mini Cooper S sport
I think I will post a before and after pic and see what everyone thinks.

With 'after' being once you have returned them to standard? ;)

I hate lexus lights, they look cheap and nasty - even if they aren't!

The standard ones are fine as they are.

clio 16v
I think they look ok, I've got them on my valver mind you they were on when I got it and the previous owner had binned the standard ones:eek: .

The problem with them is that every 1 decided to buy them expecially the 1.0 saxo/nova/corsa brigade to go along with their big bore 4's, that IMO is why people are against them, there is a boy racer stigma attached to them. Mind you I know a few people who think everyone on sites like this is a boy racer.

As I said before I think on certain cars they look good.....