ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lepsons Alloy Wheel Refurbishers - Kent

Evo 5 RS
I've heard good things about Lepsons. Very good things.

I've had good experience with Wicked Wheels (Crawley), but they did a blow over for me recently that was pretty shocking due to not cleaning off the sealant well enough

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The costs for trade are insanely cheap considered they took them from Scotland and delivered them back.

Tyres on and off
Straighten
3 light welds
Chrome finish (ie not standard)

Silly cheap inc vat.

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Lepsons are meant to be the best in the business.

I'll have to see if they can do my magnesium BBS centres..

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I though you was happy with JP Scott?
No mate unfortunately not. John has only way of repairing damaged rims for start.

He did which looked like a great job on my PH1 wheels but within a week or two the coating started looking like crow's/lots of light lines all over the finish all in the coating. When the sun hit the wheel's it made it look even worse.

I went back to John who wasn't very happy because all of the 5 wheels needed to be stripped and re done, John started to put the blame onto me because I'd given them a coat of AF mint rims, said that this could have caused the reaction...lol

All 5 wheels where stripped and re coated eventually but we're talking weeks had gone by at this point.

I collected the wheel's again which all looked fine, unfortunately after a few weeks the wheel's started to show signs of starting to do what had happened before, I couldn't be bothered to go through all of the hassle again and the car sold anyway.

The problem with JP is he is a one man band so any issues takes ages to sort out, not everyone is as patient as me or has there car sitting about not used.

The impreza wheels I had done at Maldon shot Blast and powder coat because there isn't a mark on the OZ wheel's but they wasn't cheap and aren't able to remove/refit tyre's.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
No mate unfortunately not. John has only way of repairing damaged rims for start.

He did which looked like a great job on my PH1 wheels but within a week or two the coating started looking like crow's/lots of light lines all over the finish all in the coating. When the sun hit the wheel's it made it look even worse.

I went back to John who wasn't very happy because all of the 5 wheels needed to be stripped and re done, John started to put the blame onto me because I'd given them a coat of AF mint rims, said that this could have caused the reaction...lol

All 5 wheels where stripped and re coated eventually but we're talking weeks had gone by at this point.

I collected the wheel's again which all looked fine, unfortunately after a few weeks the wheel's started to show signs of starting to do what had happened before, I couldn't be bothered to go through all of the hassle again and the car sold anyway.

The problem with JP is he is a one man band so any issues takes ages to sort out, not everyone is as patient as me or has there car sitting about not used.

The impreza wheels I had done at Maldon shot Blast and powder coat because there isn't a mark on the OZ wheel's but they wasn't cheap and aren't able to remove/refit tyre's.

That's shite mate I wasn't aware of that. The handful of sets have been fine over the years (in fairness were a few years ago now) I've had done for customers and have maintained them for several years without any of what you describe. Shame

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Scott are you far from Lepsons?
About 1/2 an hr away mate, I went to KDS to get a quote on some paint work on the impreza.

KDS and Lepsons are on the same trading estate, well lepsons seem to own most of it.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah thats how I found out about them, I knew their work would be good. It's got better if anything.

Evo 5 RS
I'm really tempted to get my Evo wheels done at Lepsons. Is it true they charge you extra if the wheels have tyres, though? lol

Bit like being a gynecologist and saying, if there's a penis attached there'll be a small fee.