ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leg to hub bolt access while on a 4 post ramp.

Clio 172, Mondeo Est
Does anyone know if you gain access to the leg to hub bolts (to adjust camber) whilst the car is on a 4 post ramp ??

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
It might be a personal thing but I would make sure I'd recently loosened, greased and refitted them though. If they've not been touched in years they'll be a dick from that angle.

Clio 172, Mondeo Est
Yeah I agree. The legs have all been off for overhaul so the bolts are all good. I might crack them off slightly first though so they aren't as tight

PH2 172
Access yes, but if you want to to a live adjust and measure camber on a regular machine that doesn't bolt to hub AND replicate loading, you need to keep that wheel on.
Far too complicated.I just bang the top bolt to the back of the slot and have done with it.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
What did you end up setting it at?and what were readings either side on full neg.
I am running Gaz GHA shocks.
it was 2 one one side and 2.8 on the other. I left it for a few weeks then next time I had the wheels off used a magnetic gauge on the brake disc to measure a best guess of knocking the 2.8 back closer to 2 degrees. Mine is on GAZ coilovers.

PH2 172
it was 2 one one side and 2.8 on the other. I left it for a few weeks then next time I had the wheels off used a magnetic gauge on the brake disc to measure a best guess of knocking the 2.8 back closer to 2 degrees. Mine is on GAZ coilovers.
Same suspension as mine then.I also have a Gunson camber guage,which I`m guessing is what you have.
I attempt to get the car level by placing a spirit level on the centre of the roof,and level it up with an axle stand on one side & a jack on the other.
I found it comes out 1.9 degrees neg with the top bolts slid back to the stops,obviously unloaded.
I may get it checked on a Hunter or similar one day,but its not really a priority at the moment,as I have some wishbones with new black polybushes to fit,and intend to do the rack & ARB at the same time.