ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Left indicator keeps blowing the fuse....

2004 Clio 1.2 16v
Hello again ppl....

Im in need of some help..! Everytime i turn my left indicator on it blows the fuse.....

Right indicator is ok and works well.....are there two relays for the indicators...could the relay be a prob?

Any other ideas would be great ....there doesnt appear to be any damage to the wiring for the left side.

Thanks

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
There is no relays as such, just the flasher unit which does both left and right turn indicators.

It sounds more like you have a short in the wiring or bulb holder.

What happens if you operate the hazard switch.

Have you carried out any work or mods on the car recently ?

2004 Clio 1.2 16v
hazards and locking same.....blows the fuse.....

yeah lots of mods done but last time they were touched was july last year!

it happened once about 2months ago but i replaced the fuse and all was ok.

now its popping every time....

removed all the shitty wiring that the bodyshop put in disconnected bulb holder unit at the back and disconnected front indicator and its allways the same!

if it is a prob in the wires is there an easy way to fix it or bypass it?

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Really difficult to diagnose on line, but I would start at the indicator switch.

Then the hazard switch,
Then look at the back of the fuse box.
Then anywhere that wires go through panels.

Faults like that normally have a cause related to changes or mods to light units or alarm installations.

Its annoying if for a trained auto electrician and impossible if you are not.
I can only advise you to work through it carefully and look for obvious signs of damage to the wiring looms.

What has been done to the car that could relate to the indicator circuit.?
Anything else not work ?

2004 Clio 1.2 16v
new front lights were fitted....like i say in july!

everything else i think is ok all lights etc work and right indicator works perfect....cud it be indicator stalk? nothing else has happened to the car!

i cant think what else it could be.......

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Well I would certainly start at the front lights as its the last work you had done on the car, then check the list I gave you, start with the stalk......good luck.

2004 Clio 1.2 16v
ive disconnected all the additional wires that were added with the front lights and the side repeaters......made no diff....all that is left is a purple wire that is the feed....and it still blows the fuse..

cheers for your help btw