ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leeroy's Megane 225 Trophy

White Sti Hatch
Nice. About the same as my Bora. They must be swift! Mines around 240 and not shy so with that power and handling to match must be mucho fun!

Thats for the R26 think the others are slightly lighter but not by much

BMW M5 & E36
Deffinatly mate,makes the car awesome you will be grinning like a Cheshire cat and hunting mk2 FRS's lol.Remote box is worth getting incase the ecu gets wiped while in at Renault so you have the map stored(also works as a fault code reader)

In simple words, it makes the megane the car it SHOULD of been from factory.
A 225 in standard form is actually no quicker than a 182 once rolling.
My ex has a 182 trophy and i could never pull away from it.
After remap its pulls away easily but its the way it drives tbh.
Loads more torque in every gear, easier to drive quicker as u can use the torque rather than having to rev its nuts off. It just transforms the whole package and is perfectly reliable and cheap to do. I recommend it 100%!
Best mod ive done. Ill let u know how i get on at the ring with it in 6 weeks and see how it compares to my old bodies, AST'd 182 cup :)
Its got a lot to live up to!!

Cheers both :)

I'm heading over to Birchdown on Thursday for 5yr cambelt & aux belt change, so I'll get it done after that. Probably when the next RSTuning/TDF group buy happens.

Titanium 182
Cheers both :)

I'm heading over to Birchdown on Thursday for 5yr cambelt & aux belt change, so I'll get it done after that. Probably when the next RSTuning/TDF group buy happens.

Thats my plan to....How much they charging you bud if you dont mind me asking?

Mod number 1 - Interior lighting.

I honestly hate the yellow light that the megane as in its interior.

Back in 2007 when I had my first 182 cup, a guy called Shiny Auto's started selling LED/Xenons lights for the interior.

They consisted of every colours, red, blue, white etc.

So i opted for the white ones.

Few pictures below of what they look like.

crimages.php

p25sf.jpg

picture019310gl8.jpg

Last edited:
  White Sti Hatch
Always found it weird with the megs that on i think 06 bak the RS badge is on the left the 06 forward they are on the right :S

BMW M5 & E36
Yep, Ph2's have the newer style badge on the right, ph1's have the 1*2 style on the left.

I removed my M E G A N E lettering and it cleaned the back end up nicely :)

BMW M5 & E36
Yeah stuck on, pretty stubborn but it'll come. Had to clay mine to get the last of the sticky off. Heat it up, that helps.

Titanium 182
I have been looking into separate gauges for the B pillars, but to be honest they look pants in the megane. Fair enough in my old scooby the looked awesome, but not in the megane.
So after looking about and talking with Mark51 I have decided to buy a Scangauge

ScanGauge_Kit_op_313x267.jpg

screen_scantool_1a.gif

screen_gauges_1a.gif

screen_trip_1a.gif

It can basically read
Fuel Economy
Fuel Rate
Battery Voltage
Coolant Temperature
Intake Air Temperature
Engine Speed (RPM)
Vehicle speed (MPH / KPH)
Manifold Pressure (not available on some vehicles)
Engine Load
Throttle Position
Ignition Timing
Open/Closed Loop

Its the sort of thing I was looking to buy for the scooby, dead easy installation, plugs into to OBD port. Its small, discreet and more accurate then any analogue gauge.
So I will be able to see what sort of PSI the megane is running etc, which will come in handy when stage 2 arrives

Titanium 182
Right guys, I have been wanting my car detailed for some time now and seeing as I was away at Trax's at the weekend, I dropped the car off at one my local detailers.
I honestly cant fault this man's work, he uses some of the best products out there on the market today.
Examples of some of his recent work
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=180290
http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=174803
Seriously if any of the guys in the NE are looking for a decent detailer at reasonable prices, please drop me a PM and I can put you in touch with Elliott.
Any way I nicked this from his DW thread so here it goes.
This weekend was spent detailing this well kept Megane 225 Trophy No.379 of 500 and one of 150 in the UK.
Arrived slightly dirty with the odd bug here and there and a slight layer of dust/soot up the back end.
DSCF7346.jpg

DSCF7348.jpg

DSCF7349.jpg

Soaked the front end in Chemical Guys Bug remover.
DSCF7353.jpg

Wheels with the following.
DSCF7354.jpg

Wheel process.
Insides first.
DSCF7356.jpg

Spokes
DSCF7357.jpg

Arches
DSCF7358.jpg

DSCF7355.jpg

Tyres
DSCF7359.jpg

Rinse
DSCF7360.jpg

Foamed with PH Neutral.
DSCF7361.jpg

2BM
DSCF7362.jpg

Rinse
DSCF7363.jpg

Clayed with Polyclay and Last touch.
DSCF7364.jpg

Pulled inside and dryed, airline for the nooks and crannies, nothing worse than water dripping everywhere when your taping up and polishing.
DSCF7366.jpg

Laser pen setup to take some readings.
Polishing was done with Meguiars Burgundy polishing pad and Menzerna Powergloss.
DSCF7368.jpg

DSCF7369.jpg

Before
DSCF7371.jpg

After
DSCF7372.jpg

Before
DSCF7376.jpg

After
DSCF7377.jpg

Few marks on the rear bumper wet sanded.
DSCF7378.jpg

DSCF7379.jpg

DSCF7380.jpg

DSCF7381.jpg

DSCF7383.jpg

Rear lights were very swirly.
DSCF7385.jpg

Around 6 hits with Meguiars plastic polish.
DSCF7386.jpg

Roof was showing signs of a waterblade in the past.
DSCF7391.jpg

DSCF7392.jpg

Day two, refining, Menzerna PO85RD with Chemical guys blue finishing pad.
DSCF7394.jpg

DSCF7395.jpg

DSCF7400.jpg

Roof looking better now.
DSCF7404.jpg

Two coats of Supernatural supplied by the owner.
DSCF7408-1.jpg

Tyres dressed, wheels were left as they were as there due a refurb.
DSCF7412-1.jpg

BMW M5 & E36
Looks awesome mate. Been on mine all weekend, it could do with a machine polish really though.

Still pleased with the car?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
It needs another detail already? Why dont you just buy yourself a machine and save yourself some cash