ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LED Side lights

Clio mk1 rally :P
decided to spend the £4 and get some lol
they are supposed to be Xenon white. but they seem to have a blue tinge.
will they be legal? if not which ones are?

before
24112008203.jpg

after
24112008205.jpg

xenon white does have a blue tinge...

regardless of colour, LED sidelights are illegal... having said that I have xenon white ones fitted and they've passed 2 MOTs.

Harder to tell they're LEDs in your light clusters. You can clearly see the actual LED in the 182 projector lenses.

clio 182 FF
xenon white does have a blue tinge...

regardless of colour, LED sidelights are illegal... having said that I have xenon white ones fitted and they've passed 2 MOTs.

Harder to tell they're LEDs in your light clusters. You can clearly see the actual LED in the 182 projector lenses.

How can they be illegal if the new Audi's have them ?

How can they be illegal if the new Audi's have them ?

They're driving lights... But i get where you're coming from.

Like I said, I've never had a problem and they're so obvious to spot on the 182s projector lenses... even when they're switched off.

I bought similar ones to you but was quite disappointed with the results, they were really blue compared to the pure white of xenons and just looked too extra in my opinion, I was told by some mates that they were quite dazzling form in front too, but it was the lack of color match that made me whip them out.

Much prefer it without any sidelights ;)

As long as they are not as blue as cop car lights, it shouldn't really matter. I've had a few sets which r white with a blue tinge, passed an M.O.T and been stopped and had the car checked over by the police and they didn't bat an eyelid at them.

Ive had mine in a fair bit, Theyve been fine. Drove past plenty of coppers. And at night as well.. If they where bored they could have tugged me.. but didnt.

And if they do. Say your sorry and change em back.

BG V6, LY 182
Hope you didn't drive around with your fogs on.......unless it's foggy round your way ;)

I jus put them on to show white lights against my sidelights. cant tell as much with the headlights on.
Iv been warned about fog l ights though. Although i didnt even mean to have em on lol

Well mine passed MOT last week with these in. so.... there staying.
:)

BG V6, LY 182
Ive had mine in a fair bit, Theyve been fine. Drove past plenty of coppers. And at night as well.. If they where bored they could have tugged me.. but didnt.

And if they do. Say your sorry and change em back.

sounds silly.... but its deffo not points if they were to be illegal and i could change them there and then?