ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LED Main Beam

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I really wouldn't recommend using LEDs, or at least not direct replacement ones, for your high beam. Been there, tried it (with far better bulbs than you've linked), and they were terrible. The only way I could tell if they were on was if I was driving next to a hedge, and then I could see a bit of glare up to about 5 metres away.

They are very poor at throwing light long distances unless you're prepared to pay £££ and hack your headlights to bits for custom projectors etc.

A decent set of conventional bulbs is the best for the main beam. You can get whiter ones and you can get brighter ones, which are you in need of?

Corolla T-Sport
I really wouldn't recommend using LEDs, or at least not direct replacement ones, for your high beam. Been there, tried it (with far better bulbs than you've linked), and they were terrible. The only way I could tell if they were on was if I was driving next to a hedge, and then I could see a bit of glare up to about 5 metres away.

They are very poor at throwing light long distances unless you're prepared to pay £££ and hack your headlights to bits for custom projectors etc.

A decent set of conventional bulbs is the best for the main beam. You can get whiter ones and you can get brighter ones, which are you in need of?
Sorry mate only just seen this, thanks for the help. I was looking for a brighter white bulb didn't realise how s*** the vision would actually be with LED! I managed to fit the dipped beam but now have to put my fogs on because I can't see a thing.. Can you get whiter non LED bulbs? Because I have installed led sidelights which are bright white and I like the look of them, will look to change the numberplate light too.
Cheers

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Yes, you can get Phillips Bluevision Ultra which are a lot closer to white than normal bulbs.
If you care about power and throw more, then OSRAM Nightbreaker Ultimate bulbs are decent. Not as white as the Bluevision though.