ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LED lighting.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
It depends on what you’re using it for, it’s no replacement for a flash setup, that’s video lighting for lighting interviews etc. But I suppose it could be used for light painting if it runs on batteries.

Clio 197 RB
So say I wanted to take some pics of my car at night.
What lighting stuff would I need?
ive got a Canon 600D.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Well, you could use this to light paint (have a google search if you don’t know what I’m on about) or you could buy some flashes, which is the more expensive and (IMO) better option. But I’d just buy a decent LED torch and try some light painting at first :)

Cayman S Edition 1
Get some speedlights and wireless triggers. But as mentioned, led lights are for video, not stills.

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
This was done with £1200 worth of wireless Speedlite flashes:

focus-lane-strobed-1140x641-51e2f42b94b53.jpg

This was done with a £30 eBay LED video light, 120 LEDs so smaller than the one in your link:

focus-lane-lightpainted-1140x641-51e2f429353ba.jpg

This way is more labour intensive - you'll need to move the light around the car a bit at a time while the camera shutter is open, then you'll need to stitch together the different exposures in Photoshop or the like.

If you're only wanting to light static objects then I'd try the video light first. Either method will give you much better results than either of the above with a bit of practice, but I think the LED light painting method gives nicer results.

This was done with £1200 worth of wireless Speedlite flashes:

focus-lane-strobed-1140x641-51e2f42b94b53.jpg

This was done with a £30 eBay LED video light, 120 LEDs so smaller than the one in your link:

focus-lane-lightpainted-1140x641-51e2f429353ba.jpg

This way is more labour intensive - you'll need to move the light around the car a bit at a time while the camera shutter is open, then you'll need to stitch together the different exposures in Photoshop or the like.

If you're only wanting to light static objects then I'd try the video light first. Either method will give you much better results than either of the above with a bit of practice, but I think the LED light painting method gives nicer results.

It is looking nice. Its color and shape is also looking pretty at this time.