ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LED indicators all round... little help please!

I've found a retailer that sells LED replacement bulbs for most of the exterior lights on a Clio MK2 (except dipped and main beam of course) and I'm thinking of going down this route.

I first of all just wanted to get rid of the dirty yellow look of the side lights when compared to my xenon's but have found that I can get the newer instant on-off look of LED lamps all round (woo!)

Problem is I'm thinking that replacing all the indicator bulbs with LED's won't go down well as the flasher unit will go mental and assume that their are bulbs out and flash faster, so:

Does anyone know where the flasher unit is located? I have found a suitable replacement flasher unit (I think..!) that works on older cars to remedy the faster flashing as a result of the lower current being pulled through by the LED's but I have no idea where its located and obviously i need to know where its located so I can replace it....

The alternative is to place load resisters in to the wiring for the indicators throughout the car and this will be more expensive and I don't want to go cutting up the indicator wires throughout the car (can't even find them at the moment).

I haven't seen anyone do this with a clio yet so if anyone can give any help regarding the flasher unit it would be really appreciated.

Polo + Micra
i've seen relays that will replace your normal one with an led one

it doesn't need a set load to operate at correct timing

found it here

Thanks for your replies - I will probably put in resistors as a last resort - but does anyone know where the original flasher unit is located so that I can replace it with this other one (same as Dink suggested) that will work with the LED indicators?

Last edited:
  Polo + Micra
it might be in the fuse box on the passenger side over the dash where it meets the door