ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LED Dash information

Bumder With A Buffer
Notice a few more of these popping up recently and I know there is RichMcc's guide but this is designed to let you know exactly what you need to change your dash over! And a little more additional information.

First off RichMcc's guide is located here... and id recommend using that as a starter.

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=175675

This was done on a Phase1 172 and some of the switches etc are slightly different on Phase2 172 (and other models). Id recommend reading up on that.

But what you will need to know is what type of LED's to get etc

First off the LED types and how many are needed...

Dash - surface mount x 10

Climate Control - Surface mount x28

Window switches - Through hole although you can use surface mount X3

Clock/Radio - Through hole again although you will have to use a resistor inline with the power to stop it from burning out! You can use surface mount but again will need a limiting resistor. X2

Locking button - Through hole although you can use surface mount X1

ESP - Through hole although you can use surface mount X1

Heater Button - Through hole although you can use surface mount X1

So that bring us to totals and what to buy! Id recommend the following

Surface Mount x 38 (minimum!)

http://www.rapidonline.com/Electron...rightness-surface-mount-LEDs/77736/kw/56-2998

Through Hole x 8 (depends if you use Surface mount in certain switches)

http://www.rapidonline.com/producti...leno=82277&catref=55-0072&kw=55-0072#techspec

NOTE! You will need to use resistor on some of these LED's. Yes it is possible to find a higher Voltage rating but you will pay a bit more. Plus BLUE LED's are only rated up to about a maximum of 3-4V. Im going to double check mine tomorrow so il post up the exact values of resistors if they are needed!

Bumder With A Buffer
Some more information you might want is what LEDS to change in the Climate Control. You can use any LED colour and change individual LEDS and the below details what does what!

I have surrounded the LED'S in different colours.. Red are the indication ones (as in what button is on etc) and BLUE is the main buttons (you will see what I mean in the Finished Photo)

LED1.jpg

Id recommend you use two colous otherwise it looks a bit OTT using just one colour. So If you replace all the BLUE circled LED's with BLUE and the Red circled ones with White LED's You will end up with something like this.....

06022009397.jpg

06022009398.jpg

06022009402.jpg

You dont have to do the colours iv'e sated but you could swap all the colours around I.E do all the LCD white and the main buttons and do the indication LED's Blue. Or do them all White etc.Its up to you really!

Hope some of you find this helpfull as it took a while to write out! If you have any question just drop me a PM or better still in this thread and Il try and help.

NB There are others on this site who could help as well but I thought if there was a general thread about commonly asked question that would be helpfull???? Anyone else that wants to add anything feel free :)

Coiley'd Clio PH2
You Legend Rich!

Cheers very much for doing this, should defo be put in the guides section.

Coiley'd Clio PH2
If you use surface mount for the window switch etc, how exactly would you mount it?
I reckon i can do the dash with no trouble at all, just not too sure with the window switches and clock etc... What resistor to use, how to mount it.

Could i be a huge pain in the arse rich and ask you to do a little guide for a window switch and the clock.

Thank you muchly
Nick

Monaco 172
resistor info would be fantastic lol...went to maplins today and they had all of 2 LEDs in stock and didnt know what SMDs were!

online is is for a big bulk order!

Megane 225
hi, just found this forum! I would like to do it myself on a clio 2008 dynamique sx. Where do i get the LEDs, and instructions on how to do it? looks mint!

Titanium 182
Mate how exactly do you remove the climate control ? I've done the CD player today but haven't got a clue how to remove the CC panel :(

bump this up
as about really how to remove the climate
and can you get a pic of how the switches are done? the ones in a guide i used are very blurry :(