ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LED change in my mk3

Slow red one
Well thanks to Richy22 for doing this for me, excellent job! Think it looks smarter now compared to the dull orange. Also looks far better in person than the photos taken on my iphone.

Comments welcome

photo6.jpg

photo.jpg

Bumder With A Buffer
That does look good... The guy that did it must be good ;) . will look a lot better once I get the led's and filters to finish it off for ya :)

glad your happy so far :)

edit my god it's shocking to how dull the old orange is!!!

Bumder With A Buffer
How much work is it to do these on a MK3?

Lol rich will back me up on this! Got to his, started dismantling all the lower dash and taking off the a pillar covers... Dash won't move hmmm. After half an hour or so of head scratching I noticed a kind of cover around the dash display itself... Popped that off and dials came out easy as f**k!! Doh!! nevermind know for next time.

Once that's off you need 0603 size LEDs (tiny tiny f*****s) for the rev counter lights, 1206 size (or plcc-2's will fit) for the needles. Unless your VERY good at soldering don't try it!!

Also for the clock displays the arseholes used LEDs this time around rather than bulbs..result I thought, then saw they were plcc-4 type ones!! Grrr why can't they use that same bloody type???!!!

Bumder With A Buffer
cheers again Rich! So much nicer and look forward to finishing:) well worth doing in any car I think!

No worries dear boy :) il try and sort some stuff out this week for you as we spoke about earlier :) then il pop up again to do the rest for ya. I could of probably done the clock bit with what I had with me but I didn't want to do it all for it not to work!!

Titanium 182
I hate the orange lights but wouldn't dare do the soldering etc on my own :eek:
I want a blue or green dash :mad:

Bumder With A Buffer
How far is Blackpool from you Sofaboy? Jaffa could do yours.

Yep I was going to say anyone ooop north should try and see if Jaffa182 could do theirs. Failing that if u could live without your dials for a few days I'd do them if they were sent

Slow red one
No worries dear boy :) il try and sort some stuff out this week for you as we spoke about earlier :) then il pop up again to do the rest for ya. I could of probably done the clock bit with what I had with me but I didn't want to do it all for it not to work!!
Yeah sounds good mate! Just text me anytime with a date and we can discuss from there on:)

Bumder With A Buffer
When I get a few
spare minutes il do a guide for how to do this and what type o f LEDs are needed

RenaultSport clio 182 mk2
I agree with richy22 these are way harder to change than the mk2's just because of the size! If you not anygood at soldering don't attempt this lol. I did stu197 for him and it was a rite cnut to solder them in.

Richy22 if you need any info on the other leds in the car and how to get the part out the car just give us a PM.

Cheers, Jaff

This is something I and a mate are wanting done. Possibly blue lights. Any more info would be great or we'd get you (richy22) to do both of our Ph2's at the same time?

Bumder With A Buffer
I could do a guide but to be honest unless your VERY good at soldering then its not even worth attempting!

2x Clio mk3 1.5dci
I crashed my last mk3 clio so I'm going to have a go on the spare parts see if I can do it in blue :) can you send me a list of exactly how many I need of each part and where they are for, also where to get them from. I would like the revs, speedo, temp, fuel, odo aswell as clock and heater dials think that's everything isn't it? cd player is being replaced anyway so that doesn't need doing, thanks alot!

Clio TCE 100
Omg i want theses led's im my dash looks fresh as f**k is there anywere that does it or any of you lot u for doing for me :) (y) smart mate