ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

leaky sunroof

Clio 1.4 RT
Hi all

anyone got any ideas on how to fix an electric sunroof mines got A leak on drivers side and its getting annoying its a 1.4 mk2 (T plate) or know a website that shows u how to fix it

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You can try a new foam seal. (Remove the sunroof, scrape off the old one, refit the new one)

But the chances are it will be the main rubber seal in between the glass panel and the main frame.

On an old T reg car, i'd personally silicone it all shut. Make sure it's bone dry, open the sunroof and squirt silicon all around the seal. Close the sunroof. Then fill the channel that runs around the glass. If you take your time you can actually do a really nice job and nobody will notice unless they get up close.

clio 1.5DCi 100
its such a massive common problem with clios. I have just sorted out my own leaky sunroof on a new clio ive just bought. Got £140 off the price just for the leaky roof! told him renault charge £98 an hour to fix and its about hour and half! anyway, i took off the sunroof as daniel adviced and shot a s**t ton load of silicon around the sides. Make sure you use a 10mm rachet spanner to undo the bolts as they are evil to get off. Theres about 16 of them!

daniel, you say silicon it all shut by going around the channel around the glass, will this not completely seal the sunroof shut?

Focus RS + S3
Theres a good little guide in the guides section,

fiver of silicone from b&q and an hour or so of time and it hasnt leaked since, glad i did it when i did before this bad weather