ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Leaky or normal?

2008 Albi 197
Was taking a few pics of the underside of my car earlier and got these:

CIMG0577Small.jpg

CIMG0578Small.jpg

CIMG0579Small.jpg

Bear in mind the car was dry, and I've not noticed an oil patches left on the drive. JUst wondered if this is normal?

Last edited:
  2008 Albi 197
No it is not normal for a car to leak oil. Depends on age of car and mileage and the abuse it has taken.

I know its not normal for a car to leak oil, its not leaking per say, its just stained black?

The cars an 06, Renault did a service on it before I purchased it 4 weeks ago (so they said, it had service due on the dash when I test drove it and now it says another 17k, and the book has been stamped) and no I havent just filled it with oil

clio 182 black /gold
No it is not normal for a car to leak oil. Depends on age of car and mileage and the abuse it has taken.

I know its not normal for a car to leak oil, its not leaking per say, its just stained black?

The cars an 06, Renault did a service on it before I purchased it 4 weeks ago (so they said) and no I havent just filled it with oil
I would go back to the garage. I take it is still under warrenty. Maybe they have spilt the oil from the filter.

2008 Albi 197
Yea it's still got just under a years warranty left on it, should I take it to the one I got it from because there's 2 dealerships closer to me than the one I bought it from?