ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LE32R74BDX owners & TV geeks

Thinking of getting one of these so appreciate any pics of yours in action, opinions on them (if you've owned them none of this "I've read the specs and such and such should be better" shite that normally get trotted out on here) and any alternative suggestions. Only looking for a 32" screen and dont want to spend over £700 ideally.

Ta.

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
Dave admin has the above Sony also and seems to rate it. I have been looking for a few weeks now and the Sony is the one that makes the most sence.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Dave admin has the above Sony also and seems to rate it. I have been looking for a few weeks now and the Sony is the one that makes the most sence.
LOL stalker, I have both the sony and the samsung, both great. Samsung has the edge for xbox360, sony has the edge for freeview.

Fiesta ST3

its the 2 hdmi that i was interested in xbox in one and eventually sky hi def in the other..

http://www.empiredirect.co.uk/content/products/details/index~modelcode~TOS-37WLT66.htm
what about this one reasonable price ?

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
LOL stalker,

Who do you think has been sending you them cupcakes?!

I say the Sony makes the most sense, but i will probably change my mind again before payday, Cheapest i can get the the Sony is £935 and i justified the cost difference today between lesser priced models and the Sony.

But if i am standing in the shop and there is a 32" lcd, for £600 that will do the same thing, with me probably none the wiser between there differences, will i hold my nerve?

I probably wouldn't. I need to see them in the flesh or for starters some shots from anyone on here thats got them. The thing that makes me wary of having a look at them in currys and the like is it's never a fair representation. I've seen the same set look great in one and shite in another. So many antenna splitters or different sources. Sets running dvd's or digital transmissions or even down to them not being set up by the spotty teenagers that work there all plays a part.

monaco blue 172 ..
I probably wouldn't. I need to see them in the flesh or for starters some shots from anyone on here thats got them. The thing that makes me wary of having a look at them in currys and the like is it's never a fair representation. I've seen the same set look great in one and s**te in another. So many antenna splitters or different sources. Sets running dvd's or digital transmissions or even down to them not being set up by the spotty teenagers that work there all plays a part.
i got the 37" samsung about 3 weeks ago le37s73bd from currys i asked to see normal tv and digital freeview through it ((built into the tv) and it is a fantastic picture not bothered about hdtv as the picture is good enough for me ,and i paid £700 but i haggled a bit lol im cheeky like that lol best tv i have had !!

172 Cup
Thinking of getting one of these so appreciate any pics of yours in action, opinions on them

My LE32R71BD. Had a few LCD's over the last 3 years and this is by far the best.

sammy3.jpg

sammy2.jpg

sammy1.jpg

Sasmung2.jpg

Sasmung1.jpg

Cheers griff, similar specs to the 74BDX but i white case? or is it more than a cosmetic difference. Do you use it for gaming or just DVD's/Digital/Sky ?

172 Cup
Same specs as the 74BDX with the exception of colour.

It's used for a mix of TV, XB360 and watching HD stuff off the PC.

I think I'd go for the black I've already got my 20" iMac sat in my room so would be too much white for me, pics of it do look good though :)

172 Cup
I think I'd go for the black I've already got my 20" iMac sat in my room so would be too much white for me, pics of it do look good though :)

It was an insurance replacement after my burglary and to be honest I was a bit dubious about it being white. I had the choice of a few models but decided to go with the Sammy. Some of my mates love the colour and others can't stand it.

Think its a marmite thing tbh. I'd probably play it safe with black at least i know i wouldnt get bored of it that way, white does look quite good though.

172 Cup
My cousin has the Black version and it does look excellent as well. If you need nay other info on it you know where to find me Loony.

My cousin has the Black version and it does look excellent as well. If you need nay other info on it you know where to find me Loony.

Spot on appreciate it. Be interesting to see any other comments and pics from the other LCD owners on here. I might well pester you once ive gone and had a look at the tosh, sammy and sony in the shops assuming i can find the same models in stores as online. :rolleyes:

RenaultSport clio 172
I have had my samsung for a couple of weeks now and i am extremely impressed. The picture is good on SD signals like sky but when the xbox 360 is plugged in it is unbelievable! The sounds on it is not that special but if its plugged into alternative speakers it doesnt really need worrying about. The best thing about it though is how it looks when its switched off, the design is fabulous and as a TV is a focal point in a room it really makes a room look good.

Full Fat 182
I've had mine for nearly 4 months now and love it. Off-air broadcasts are pretty solid though you can imagine they look a bit ropey compared with HD content.

The eggbox looks the nuts using VGA, I have both component and VGA but for me, VGA with few tweaks is the way forward, plus frees up space for my Sony ES DVD player to use components.

Overall, awesome. No doubt some of the more expensive units are better, some considerably, but for value, looks and performance, I cant fault it

I bought mine from Costco, but have noticed quite a few places doing it for under £600 and some places nearer £500. At that price, it really isnt worth paying 7, 8 or even £900 quid for something you may well replace in a few years time

I've had a look at a few sets tonight and I'm going to go for the samsung. Anyone got experience of dealing with laskys, tribal uk, RGB direct or any other suggestions on somewhere reliable and competatively priced?

Cheers griff, will probably give them a call this afternoon. I should probably wait until i get paid, but f**k it thats what the plastic is there for eh!