ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lauren's Low and slow MIIILOW

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
Ahhhhhh no it's ruined lol. I liked the front I wish you never posted anything now that wasn't what I was expecting.
What I was thinking 172 bumper with the trim smoothed.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Nice car, lows are the way forward!

Off topic: Hate to ruin it for him then, because he's not the only astra on bags.

7338552738_a20a86727b_z.jpg

Bristol0066 by JackGilder, on Flickr

Hydro=/=Air bags.

A grey one
Whoops my bad, didn't think before posting, ones pistons others air.

Yep.. Well one's hydraulic fluid that's why it gets called juice :)
but juice is for cartons and bags are for groceries so.. Static is way cooler :D
even though I might be buying the Astra off him. Ha oops:p

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Does any one actually use camber as an advantage anymore?

Maybe its because of what I study but My Mini will have camber, but 1.0 degree, the optimum amount to keep the most amount of tyre on the ground whilst going through a corner.

TT QS
Does any one actually use camber as an advantage anymore?

Maybe its because of what I study but My Mini will have camber, but 1.0 degree, the optimum amount to keep the most amount of tyre on the ground whilst going through a corner.

Nope, it's all for stance these days so it seems

'Mia' Rover Mini 35
-2.5 degrees on the rear, -1.75 on the front.. But I don't have any photos of it since I cambered the front..
yeah alot of people forget what camber is actually for, purely for looks these days, shame it rinses tyres :(

Yoko A008s
1 Degree of Neggy Camber

Suspension, Steering and Tyres are the 3 most important things about a car, not the way it looks. Stretched tyres are also dangerous. I wouldn't be comfortable running that munch camber, the affects on the tyre wear, suspension and mainly the wheel bearings, wear to vital components CV joints etc. Sorry for my rant. Motor Vehicle Repair Student :p

TT QS
Yoko A008s
1 Degree of Neggy Camber

Suspension, Steering and Tyres are the 3 most important things about a car, not the way it looks. Stretched tyres are also dangerous. I wouldn't be comfortable running that munch camber, the affects on the tyre wear, suspension and mainly the wheel bearings, wear to vital components CV joints etc. Sorry for my rant. Motor Vehicle Repair Student :p

My friends TT was cambered so much he had 2 sets of rears to the canvas! And neither could I. I'm to much of a yob to drive with camber and stretch

A grey one
But I don't care because it's too low and it rarely goes over 60mph, especially round corners, so camber and stupid stretch wouldn't effect me apart from the camber wear but at £37 a tyre.. I can cope with that :D

Superleggera'd MK3
Forogt to say well done for your new side-job Lauren :) saw it on fb the other day.

Btw, car is coming along nice..... have you sorted the issue with the coilovers yet? You just gonna get bigger wheels?

PS....rolling on £37 quid tyres.......ballllller

But I don't care because it's too low and it rarely goes over 60mph, especially round corners, so camber and stupid stretch wouldn't effect me apart from the camber wear but at £37 a tyre.. I can cope with that :D

Thats real good, my Mate got a polo with a f**k ton of camber and scrapes everywhere, he's paying £89 a tyre and an extra fiver or so filling them with nitrogen or something to keep them streched so the wear less.
Nice car too haha

A grey one
Forogt to say well done for your new side-job Lauren :) saw it on fb the other day
Btw, car is coming along nice..... have you sorted the issue with the coilovers yet? You just gonna get bigger wheels?
PS....rolling on £37 quid tyres.......ballllller

Thanks sweet pea, will give you a feature when your car is up to standard ;)
nope not sorted the coilovers, gonna take some bits out this weekend with the boys, haha.
i am maybe getting 3sdms and they're 16x8 so s'all good!
Well my tyres are 165/50/15's - TINY. And well my tyres are £52 but nankangs ditchfinders are £37 haha. Be ballin.

mine are full of good old normal air! None of this nitrogen crap :p

Superleggera'd MK3
Nice one Lauren :) Me and Jamies coilovers both turned up yesterday so gotta get working on the stance.

3SDMs are smart as fu*k.....if you get them you gonna have them the standard silver?

HAha on the ditchfinders.....well u said yourself its low and slow so if ur not going over 60.....who cares lol

Low and Slow 1.4 16v
being completely honest i'm not a fan of the front bumper, the rest of the car is great though. But as long as you like it that's the main thing

A grey one
being completely honest i'm not a fan of the front bumper, the rest of the car is great though. But as long as you like it that's the main thing

A few people havent liked it, its because i got the long thin grille thing smoothed out i think, i think it looks a little odd but seeing it everyday, it kind of had to grow on me!

thanks you two, mucho appreciated.

TT QS
I like it all bar the sticker. I think with the number plate in the window you could be giving the police something to pick up on. Other wise another stunning non sport to add to the growing collection on here :)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I like it all bar the sticker. I think with the number plate in the window you could be giving the police something to pick up on. Other wise another stunning non sport to add to the growing collection on here :)

This. The car itself is individual and pretty cool. The massive sticker in the windscreen is neither.

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
loved the front bumper looks brilliant, i was trying to find you and ask about your rear setup, you got custom springs on back?

A grey one
loved the front bumper looks brilliant, i was trying to find you and ask about your rear setup, you got custom springs on back?
Thankyouuuuuu, yeah i put it on the sweetshop stand and abandoned it to sit in a friends car all day, weather was brutal, i got absolutely soaked and my legs were steaming when i got out the car i was that wet! bloody awful. :(

Looks great as always Lauren, Think a cup spoiler would complete the backend ;)
Yeahhh it will when i have money, cup spoiler, new front coilovers, new wheels, full respray. Its not even slightly finished!

This had a bump on the rear quarter?
yeah :(

Reverse rake is not cool :(
Yeah but nothing i can do about that until i get my chassis notched and new front coilovers.. which right now, cannot afford!