ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Latest pics of the 106

Thought a would get some pics of the 106 with the wheels on, what do ya's think?

IMAG0147.gif

IMAG0158.gif

IMAG0149.gif

IMAG0141.gif

BMW M3
Nice !!

I was in one of these the other day and was very surprise. They only have a 1.6 (am i right?) but they shift !! Must weight alot less then the clios.

cheers people

pacey, they are morettes, there like marmite though, ya either lover them or hate them. lol

a must have in the 106 world ;)

Vectra :(
Very nice mate. Makes me miss my little yellow one.

Is that exsaust a 3" pugsport?

Oh and they are morettes headlights mate

I don't hate them or anything, just not too sure if they fit in with the whole black/silver theme of the car, best of luck with it it's coming along nicley.

Vectra :(
I had the 2" pugsport on mine. Was an awesome little car. Know what you mean about chavved up ones, took me ages to find one that wasnt chavved up.

I like it mate, had 2 106 gtis in the last few yrs, absolutly fantastic cars.

Only thing im not 100% keen on are the wheels. Recon the VTS rims in the same colour as yours would look nice or the 306 GTI cyclone wheels.

Heres mine on the vts rims

DSC00121.jpg

Nah a love the wheels, so much better in the flesh and a dont know anyone who has them in black. A like the cyclones but to many people have them

Renault Clio
Nice !!

I was in one of these the other day and was very surprise. They only have a 1.6 (am i right?) but they shift !! Must weight alot less then the clios.
Yeh 106 GTi's are 1.6s but they are bloody fast!!!!!!!!!!

Its a very nice example of a 106 but I agree with pacey; While morettes are nice, I don't think they look right with the colour of your car - Perhaps getting the surrounds colour coded would make it look alot better :)

Rb 182
I like it mate, had 2 106 gtis in the last few yrs, absolutly fantastic cars.

Only thing im not 100% keen on are the wheels. Recon the VTS rims in the same colour as yours would look nice or the 306 GTI cyclone wheels.

Heres mine on the vts rims

DSC00121.jpg

Liking that. Whats the suspension setup?

scutch - cheers, its 2001

eviljohn - a loved the clio but it hated me, everytime i wanted to get something done, some it else would go wrong, the bump the day before FCS pushed me to get rid of it :(

TBH I normally dislike after market lamp clusters, but they actually look pretty good. Loving the dark wheels look too. Pretty cool GTi I reckon, and you'll be overtaking 197s so Brucy Bonus :approve:

I drove an early spanking new XSi when they first came out. My only issue was that I had to drive it in my socks, and wished I had a tenon saw so I could cut my left foot off. Did the later models actually have anywhere to put your left foot? LoL

1st smallest foot well ever?

Renaultsport Clio 182
That looks quality, very nicely modded. Had a Cherry Red 106 GTi before I got the 182, really do miss it. Such fun cars to drive, handled better than the 182 does in my opinion.

My old 106 GTi...

P1010192.jpg

TBH I normally dislike after market lamp clusters, but they actually look pretty good. Loving the dark wheels look too. Pretty cool GTi I reckon, and you'll be overtaking 197s so Brucy Bonus :approve:

I drove an early spanking new XSi when they first came out. My only issue was that I had to drive it in my socks, and wished I had a tenon saw so I could cut my left foot off. Did the later models actually have anywhere to put your left foot? LoL

1st smallest foot well ever?

i fear the gti, rapid cars ! Looks mint mate,

Cheers everyone, didn't expect to get a response like that from the clio owners ;)

Roy - Yep, if you have big feet a dont think you will enjoy the first experience of a 106, tends to be that the accelerator and the brake pedals are close together

Josh - thats a smart GTI