ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laterest purchase, gone Jap!

Jap Box
After the head and water pump going on the clio I decided id had enough of it and it was time to look for its next replacement!

Found this come up local and havent seen any around the area so safe to say, I was interested.

1998 Mitsubishi Colt (Imported over in 2000) Facelift model

2 previous owners, 100,000 miles, elec windows sunroof etc, 12months MOT & Tax

Done so far:

LED Sidelights
Aero wiper blades
Sprayed steels gloss black with green lip
Full belt change
Mirage spoiler (Not yet fitted)

Plans:

New headlights (Bit of condensation in current ones an yellowing)
Black side repeaters
Replacement front badge
De-badge rear
Set of team dynamics pro race 1.2's (After winter)
Colour code wing mirrors + rear fog
Install fog lights in front
Mirage sideskirts
Lower on some coilovers
New backbox (Poking out a bit)
Smooth over the aerial

Pics so far:

$(KGrHqV,!pkF!uFlgkw)BQ,+WdWOeg~~60_12.jpg

$T2eC16V,!)cE9s4PtnFlBQ,+WCusww~~60_12.jpg

Spraying the steels progress

Cleaned, sanded + masked

DSC00043.jpg

Gloss blacked

DSC00044.jpg

Green lip

DSC00046.jpg

Complete!

DSC00047.jpg

Then finally on the car (Needs a good clean, been too much rain :()

DSC00048.jpg

Jap Box
Awesome little cars really. My ex had a cyborg mivec. Went well for what was A 1.6

Its not bad for a 1.3 to be fair.

Forgot to say, only paid £300 so cant complain. Not a speck of rust on it either :)

This is the kind of look im going for:

BILD0095edit.jpg

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
You should have either left the wheel trims on or not bothered painting them green & black.

I genuinley wish you happy motoring with this one.

Jap Box
You should have either left the wheel trims on or not bothered painting them green & black.

I genuinley wish you happy motoring with this one.

Can always just put the trims back on, got a set of these to put on after the winter anyway and will get the coilovers done at the same time :)

IMG_4623.jpg

Jap Box
Evo front end does look pretty sweet, been told its not too hard to drop an evo lump into these too!

Ordering the wind deflectors and side repeaters end of this week. Need to give it a good polish and wax sometime because the dirt is disgusting on there.

Been trying to find a decent exhaust but its an odd set up so not had much luck.

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
So you post a pic of what you have in mind...

Then spray the wheels black with a green lip and make it look a total heap?

disagree-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-571.gif

Jap Box
If you were mad enough to do it, you'd be aswell to just buy an Evo.

Yeah would rather just get an evo to be honest.

Picture doesnt do justice of the wheels, put some tyre shine on there now and it looks ok, need some black covers for the wheel nuts as they look out of place at the mo.

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
Yeah you're right wheels probably need to be seen in real life to be appreciated man.

Jap Box
Can always put the trims back on anyway and had the paint lying around so didn't cost me anything., their only like that for the winter, pointless to waste money on fresh tyres at the minute when it came with all new ones, including the spare

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I preferred it with the wheel trims on if I'm honest. The pic of the other green one looks half decent so looking like that wouldn't be bad.

S4 Avant
This thread looked destined to die, until that evo front end conversion popped up. Do that and nothing else.

...wait, do that and get rid of those wheels. It looks eastern european FFS.

Jap Box
I preferred it with the wheel trims on if I'm honest. The pic of the other green one looks half decent so looking like that wouldn't be bad.

Yeah im in two minds about it, will have a good look at it when ive got the spoiler on and cleaned it up properly.

Dont know about getting square style plates either or some pressed ones.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Got to be the weirdest choice ever. BUTTTTT has major potential. I want a cyborg. Really badly.

I don't understand how they made the front end of them look so good but the back end look horrific.

Jap Box
Got to be the weirdest choice ever. BUTTTTT has major potential. I want a cyborg. Really badly.

I don't understand how they made the front end of them look so good but the back end look horrific.

Yeah the cyborgs are really rare, import only I think?

Does just look like they gave up at the back to be honest, just looks like its melted.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Put the hubcaps back on! Looks terrible with them off

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I was going to come in to congratulate you on buying some kind of Hero Wagon.

Shame really.

Enjoy your golden years anyway. Much love to the Grandkids !

:evil:

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I'd put the trims back on and run it standard until you can afford something better. Looks like a good buy for £300.