ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Last 30mins on my back lying on the road!!

Corsa SXI 1.7 DTI
Well what a night.......driving round all day and my exhaust has been making a rather rough noise think i mite have split it or cracked it somehow....any way leaving the pub i work at an started it up and sounded like a truck/chaved up saxo...drove home ....decided might be safer for me to head the back roads home as they have been alot of traffic cops about recently near me. so turned into the village of murton only about 5mins from my house i hear a clunk....then a clunk , clunk , clunk , clunk so i pull over to find that my exhaust has decided to Snap!! half way up the manifold and is been held on by nothing but the end bracket! an its bouncing along the road...so think well i only round the corner so set of and its making a massive racket through this village so thought id ring the parents and get them to help ...an if ther in bed Greenflag it is .....Phone out of battery......next thing nearest house Knock Knock can i use your phone.....to the reply of "are you going to kill us???" stundent house wat a lucky hit. anyway comes to me and my dad lying on a backroad on our backs under my car with a kitchen knife cutting through the rubber grip that seems to bond everything to everything!!!!! so new Exhaust it is :( Pics up tomorrow :) wen i =m not so tired and pissed of!!

Corsa SXI 1.7 DTI
Well yer i guessed it was on is way out as it started making a racket the other day so i was all ready to change it and do a bit of shopping for sumit not so standard that was nice but didnt expect it to fall of....an now lol so just gonna get another standard one fitted for now i guess cant afford to let it sit doing nothing while i wait for postage from K-tec or sumit.

Corsa SXI 1.7 DTI
23042008118ru0.jpg

^^^^
Were it had snapped off.

23042008119rk5.jpg

^^^^^
Old backbox

23042008120yh0.jpg

^^^^
Newly fitted :)

still a standard one :( was looking at stealths and that from K-tec but needed one toady really :(

Env

Saving for mk3
isnt your dad getting abit old for this kind of stuff? only kidding. glad its sorted, will be down soon!