ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Larger master cylinder for 4 pots

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Does anyone know of a larger master cylinder that will fit a clio? need one to go with my 4 pots.

From my experience with my 106, I would look at a Renault car that has a larger brake setup, something like a Laguna or an Espace. It might be worth getting the servo to go with it too, just for a little extra assistance.

ITB'd MK1
had the conversation with a few people in the past and so far I've not found anyone that's done it. If you find one that works then you'll be a bit of a trail blazer

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
had the conversation with a few people in the past and so far I've not found anyone that's done it. If you find one that works then you'll be a bit of a trail blazer

Im thinking of ordering a clio 200 one as there 24m over the 21mm one on the 172, it should fit as they both use an ATE servo etc. But if it doesnt ive just spent quite a bit of money on a useless part which is why i was trying to find out if there is one that will fit haha.

Do you actually need it?

Yeah i do, my brakes a suicide atm. The car runs 4 pots with 310/32mm discs and touching the brake pedal puts your through the windscreen. The pedal is so light and a bit soft it also has more travel than i would like so i bigger master cylinder will resolve this issue.

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
Just incase anyone is interested i bought 197/200 master cylinder in the end from Renault, its goes on the 172/182 no probs at all. The only things you need to change are change the rear brake line fitting for M10 instead of M12 (200 cylinder has two M10 outlets instead of M10 front M12 rear on the 172 cylinder), wind the push rod out on the servo (doesnt have to be done but there will be more slack before the pedal acts on the M/C) and you have to use the brake resivoir seals from you 172 cylinder on the 200 one. Other than that its goes straight on,

Im yet to test it on the road yet but the pedal has less travel now and is much firmer which is what i was aiming for, feels more factory now.

Just incase anyone is interested i bought 197/200 master cylinder in the end from Renault, its goes on the 172/182 no probs at all. The only things you need to change are change the rear brake line fitting for M10 instead of M12 (200 cylinder has two M10 outlets instead of M10 front M12 rear on the 172 cylinder), wind the push rod out on the servo (doesnt have to be done but there will be more slack before the pedal acts on the M/C) and you have to use the brake resivoir seals from you 172 cylinder on the 200 one. Other than that its goes straight on,

Im yet to test it on the road yet but the pedal has less travel now and is much firmer which is what i was aiming for, feels more factory now.
Sounds good thanks for letting us know! I'm tempted into going down the 197 brembo setup route on my 182 so this will come in handy :)