ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laptop Upgrade

Punto/Clio GTT
moms got a s**t slow laptop, its got like 98mb ram with a 1300mhz processor.

it runs stupidly slow.

im sure the procesor i can work with, but i really think it needs more ram.

how do i change ram in a laptop, where is it and does it basically look like desktop ram?

is there a limit i can put in the laptop or do i need to know motherboard details or something?

cheers

moms got a s**t slow laptop, its got like 98mb ram with a 1300mhz processor.

it runs stupidly slow.

im sure the procesor i can work with, but i really think it needs more ram.

how do i change ram in a laptop, where is it and does it basically look like desktop ram?

is there a limit i can put in the laptop or do i need to know motherboard details or something?

cheers

Only ever owned 1 laptop, and that was a good few years ago, but it had a small panel on the bottom that you can unscrew to add more/replace memory.

Think the limit will be down to what the motherboard will support.

Looks similar to desktop ram, but smaller:

http://images.google.co.uk/images?gbv=2&svnum=10&hl=en&safe=off&q=laptop+memory&btnG=Search+Images

Punto/Clio GTT
how can i find out how much the laptop can handle?

or shall i just throw aq cheap 512 in it off ebay.

are all laptom rams same size, pins etc

Laptop ram is nothing like desktop ram. There should be a slot on the bottom of the laptop (probably need a screwdriver) have a look in to see if you've got any available slots.

how can i find out how much the laptop can handle?

or shall i just throw aq cheap 512 in it off ebay.

are all laptom rams same size, pins etc

I'd take a quick look around the net and try find some info on laptop memory and about the different kinds, and if that doesn't bring anythin up, then I'd personally gamble it with a 512 stick as you said.

Installing is easy enough: http://www.computermemoryupgrade.net/installing-laptop-memory.html

Not to sure about the size and pins, but get her laptop and take a look at the current memory that is in in and count the pins or something, or just find some that looks like it :p:D