ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laptop/Tablet Hybrid?

Swift Sport
Evening!

My dad is 74 and wants to start selling on eBay, but as you can imagine he struggles with technology. He currently has a cheap notebook/laptop thing but he wants something that takes pictures, and I also think he'd find a tablet with apps easier to use than something like Windows.
An iPad would've been ideal but my dad insists on a keyboard, and I'm having trouble convincing my dad that Apple products worth the extra.
So basically I'm after a tablet with a keyboard that takes decent pictures...

Any ideas?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The market became busy with these things not long ago.

IMO... You want a keyboard that attaches to the iPad. So simple for him.

Swift Sport
The market became busy with these things not long ago.

IMO... You want a keyboard that attaches to the iPad. So simple for him.
Are those the rubberised keyboards I've seen, or can you get proper plug-in keyboards?

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Either older iPad as suggested or an iPad mini? Either can be used with a keyboard and are so much easier for people to use who aren't the best with new tech.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'd say something around the region of £300. It's literally for eBay and nothing more.
Any tablet and keyboard combo will work. Install the ebay app, use the inbuilt camera for taking pictures.
I'd go for a full size tablet, at 74 the eyes don't tend to work quite as well!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
If your dad is used to a regular sized keyboard I wouldn't recommend a regular sized iPad or iPad mini.

I had a keyboard/stand for my old iPad 4 and it was a bit awkward to use for big documents. Granted, it was much better than the on screen keyboard but still.

I got an iPad pro when they came out and got a keyboard case for it for when it arrived. From the off it was perfect. Perfect size for typing and works so well with the larger screen.

But, they're mega bucks (for a tablet) so unless you can find a cheap used one or convince him it's what he needs then I don't think it's for him.

Have you taken him into Apple/currys/John Lewis for a play on them?

997.1, Caddy, e208
I got my SP3 128GB i5 last year for £430 with docking station, which I then sold on for £105.