ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laptop Overheating?

Suzuki Ignis Sport
As Thomas has said, the SSD could be failing. Explains why its temperamental. Sometimes theyll go a few months acting up then one day, they just wont work.

Keep an eye on it mate!

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
What would people suggest? New SSD for the XPS or get a new laptop.
The XPS is still really quick, quicker than most laptops I've used recently.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
What model is it? I have a 3 year old xps and it s***s on all new laptops!

It's the M1530 with 4gb ram, 120gb SSD, 2.5GHz core 2 duo and the 8600 Nvidia card.

Also opted for the 1920x1200 screen which is great but text can be too small sometimes.

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Got this error when turning the laptop on today.

4ybyqaqu.jpg

Edit: It won't even boot into startup repair now, it just turns off.

Last edited:
Got this error when turning the laptop on today.

Edit: It won't even boot into startup repair now, it just turns off.

Yep it's the hard drive or the controller. 0xF4 BsOD is usually hardware/controller errors. We had this on a server on a raid away at work. Changing the drive sorted it.

New SSD time, if you're happy with the laptop I wouldn't bother getting a new one

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Would that also explain why it's getting so hot? Tbh I'm thinking of buying a new, smaller laptop. Currently looking at the Surface Pro 2 and the Acer S7-391.

Then I can get a cheap hard drive and get rid of the XPS.

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc
A lot of the XPS has problems with the graphics boards overheating and de-soldering themselves due to the heat generated. Have a few dead ones in work too.