ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laptop not detecting battery?

mk2 1.2 16v
As title really, went to unplug my laptop from the mains earlier and it just switched straight off. Since then it says "No battery is detected".

Tried all the usual gubbins like switching it on and off etc but nothing seems to work so any other suggestions?

Places to get it looked at?

Cheers,
Graham

Mk2 Clio 1.6
mine does the exact same thing. no battery is detected. but the battery still works fine and the laptop charges ok so jobs a goodun.

it's not a dell is it?

Mine won't recognise the battery or chrage it, but will work fine if I'm connected to the mains.

mk2 1.2 16v
Nah its a sony vaio.

Wouldnt give a toss if it just said it didnt detect it but it doesnt seem to be charging either :S Or at least it turns off straight away whenever I unplug it anyways.

i was told either the battery was fubard or it was the charger. Have an ask round your mates an see if they've got a charger you could try, if that don't work then it may be the battery itself.

Mk2 Clio 1.6
mine is a dell. come to think of it - mine doesnt actually charge, only works when its connected to the mains. pain in the ass tbh, only works for about 5minutes without being connected to the mains.

mk2 1.2 16v
Surely if it was the charger it wouldnt run from the mains either though?

Just praying that I dont need to shell out for a new battery, the f*****s are so damn expensive!

Any suggestions on places to have it looked at? PC world any good?

Mk2 Clio 1.6
i dont understand the buggers mate.

i tend to take mine to a wee place in battlefield, glasgow. dont know why but i prefer places like that to PC world :s .

good luck sir .

Probably the battery thats duffed.

Tried taking it out and putting it in, sometimes the connections dont make contact properly.

mk2 1.2 16v
Yeah tried it several times to no avail mate, even left it out for several hours earlier and still nothing.

Guess its a trip to PC world or similar (I know what you mean about preferring local shops) to have it looked at then.

As I say I just hope that I dont have to fork out for a new battery!