ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laptop doesn't turn on????!!!

S2 106 GTI
Was working fine yesterday when uploading pics, then pressed the button to make it 'sleep' went out for the day, took it though to my mrs turned it on and noticed that the sleep light wasn't flashing? Pressed the button again.....nothing! Pluged it into the wall thinking battery was dead. Lights came on to say it's charging pressed the ON button, the lights flashed and when out! And it won't turn on? Has my battery had it? Most of the time it's plugged into the wall

clio 182 black /gold
Take the battery out, then wait 30 secs and try again. Or remove battery and plug in to wall.

S2 106 GTI
No its a Toshiba, had it for a couple of years now - been a great little laptop for what I needed, I left it on charge all last ngt came to it just now and nothing!

koi

Audi S1
Don't know if it's the same for all laptops or if HP support were taking the piss but they got me to unplug it, take out the batter and hold down the power button for a minute. This resets the laptop.

54 plate, Arctic Blue 182
plug the charger in, does the charge light come up?

if not one of two things,

charging circuit is damaged - new mother board

DC socket is damaged, usually 140 to be repaired

:)

S2 106 GTI
Will everything on the computer be wiped clean if I send to get repaired??

As I have LLOOOAAADDSS of pics! which I don't really want deleating!

is it worth repairing or just buying a new laptop as it only cost me around £500ish

S2 106 GTI
plug the charger in, does the charge light come up?

if not one of two things,

charging circuit is damaged - new mother board

DC socket is damaged, usually 140 to be repaired

:)

yeah the charge light comes on but as soon as you press the on button it flashs and goes off

Punto/Clio GTT
you got seriously more money than sense if youre considering buying a new laptop when your "only" £500 one doesnt turn on.

just take it to pc world, get them to tell you whats up with it, will cost £29.99 without parts.

alternativly, take it to a laptop shop and ask them if they can look at it for cheaper.

id try a new charger in it firstly, borrow one off someone