ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

laptop based diagnostic software

having been into vauxhalls all my life i purchased an obd port lead and relevant software for my laptop to reset airbags, read fault codes etc.

now that i have 3 renaults and there are another 4 in my family i want to get the same stuff for them. i paid £40 ish quid for the lead and vauxhall software so would like to spend no more than that.

what do you folks recommend ??

after doing a search on here i see most people get the obd II U380 hand held devices . will they reset airbag lights ?

Petrol Blue 182.
is your airbag light on then? mine was and was told to fiddle about with the wires under the drivers and passengers seat and it went off, or has your airbag gone off? lol

is your airbag light on then? mine was and was told to fiddle about with the wires under the drivers and passengers seat and it went off, or has your airbag gone off? lol
ive been fiddling like ive never fiddled before lol !!!

i want it for other stuff in the future not just for the airbags at the moment. the vauxhall stuff ive got is ace. it shows real time engine data and sensor readings. so if a sensor is dodgy but not showing as a fault on the ecu you can check things are running spot on and within acceptable parameters.

BMW M135i
Forget about it, the only thing that will do everything is the renault clip system. Got a few £k spare?

Clio II and Grand Modus
Forget about it, the only thing that will do everything is the renault clip system. Got a few £k spare?

What he said.......

You can mabye clear the lights/fault but it will still be in the ECU until a Renault Clip tester is used.

BMW M135i
The rstuner can read/erase the stored faults in the ecu and the ones that appear by the electric fault warning light not the obdII warning light. But you can't do all the configuration stuff you can do with clip, it can change stuff on the whole car.

Clio Sport 182
it sounds as if he's askin what " after market hand held tester " is best to use ?? we all no the reno clip is the only one to every thing, but if its just erasin faults an reading live data etc some of the testers on the market now do it.