ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lap belts bolt sizes?

Need eyelets for the lap belts to fit my harness to the OE points but getting conflicting sizes on outer and inner bolts. Can someone please confirm the width, length and pinch required as I don't have to car to hand to check.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
You could use a Schroth B23a bracket like this

19901703142_1091884699_z.jpg

Yeah mate, just put it under the bolt that holds the subframe down, with a decent washer on though.

I'd just use the outer bolt hole where that belt rail was and screw this in

wil_eyea.jpg
Would the above not be a bit short? Read on here you need at least a 40mm for the outer bolt as the OE one is quite long? Will go to the car tomorrow and pull the belts out and see. Nice one for the help as well mate.

Can't wait to get my MSV cage, OMP 4M 3" harness and Corbeau Clubsport XL in for Oulton on the 4th of March. I'm having track day withdrawal...

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Would the above not be a bit short? Read on here you need at least a 40mm for the outer bolt as the OE one is quite long? Will go to the car tomorrow and pull the belts out and see. Nice one for the help as well mate.

Can't wait to get my MSV cage, OMP 4M 3" harness and Corbeau Clubsport XL in for Oulton on the 4th of March. I'm having track day withdrawal...

You are on about the hole in the side where the lower belt rail is aren't you, not the floor pan?

We ran the normal 25mm ones on my mates Clio. Don't know why the standard bolts are so long because the threaded bit in the body isn't that long...

You are on about the hole in the side where the lower belt rail is aren't you, not the floor pan?

We ran the normal 25mm ones on my mates Clio. Don't know why the standard bolts are so long because the threaded bit in the body isn't that long...
Yeah mate the rail bolt, if you've used the 25mm then I'll go with that, nice one.

Just thinking I could use m8 x 50mm eye bolts to bolt the frame down using the rear holes and hook the lap belts to these, or is it not advisable to anchor both sides via the subframe?