ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lancer Evolution Appreciation Thread

Chris V6 255

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 255, 182 Trophy
Have always loved the 7. Said I would own one at some point but I think that ship has sailed now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
I built it than sold to a trader who sold it to him, Garry isn't it?
I remember when you had it for sale.
Mthink I contacted you the day it sold as I was interested

It had been up a while if I remember

Not sure on the guys name,it was in Runcorn,Cheshire

Jon

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Why you sell?

Was crap in the twisteez so obvious up grade was a clio.

I put it up on mlr drunk. Was in wales with friends, guy pmd me and said how much would I accept. Think it was 11k, so I said 11k. He said ok. Picked him up from Chester train station and drove back to mine. Had a mooch round the car and bought it cash. Was a mint car, like new. I spent 3k on it in 12 months, clutch was a grand cash. Paddle thing. Great for driving quick but an ass around town. Was the car I got banned in lol. Great bit of kit though. Awesone car.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
He was from Portsmouth too. Was telling me about cars he had owned, did a lot of shows etc. My car was stripped and cleaned etc but not sure if it ever went anywhere. If you ever hear me say the Astra vxr is a good car, this guy said it was great. With the list of cars he had owned I tend to trust his opinion.

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
CIMG6129.jpg

IMG_5104.jpg

MITSUBISHILancerEvolutionII-3299_2.jpg

I like early Evo's :smile:

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
He was from Portsmouth too. Was telling me about cars he had owned, did a lot of shows etc. My car was stripped and cleaned etc but not sure if it ever went anywhere. If you ever hear me say the Astra vxr is a good car, this guy said it was great. With the list of cars he had owned I tend to trust his opinion.

What a trek! Wonder if I've seen it about..

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Evo's run in my blood as my Dad had a VI from new in 1999 when I was 13/14, he had that for a few years then upgraded to a VI Extreme.

These are days long before phone cameras and such, so the only thing I have of the first Blue VI is this fly by at Mallory in about 2003. This was the first car I drove on track at ~18/19 IIRC.
th_MOV00013.jpg

A few of the Extreme:
28.jpg

Picture028.jpg

Picture031.jpg

2VI.jpg

1VI.jpg

I don't think there's a quicker way of getting from one place to another than that car. How I bullied my Dad into letting me drive it at the Ring and Spa in my late teens / early 20s - I'll never know. I would buy this thing tomorrow if I could.

Evo 5 RS
I actually love the Extreme, especially from the rear. Seems to be a Marmite edition.

Just dropped mine off at Dyotech for 4k service, front pads and trackrod ends. Then it's back to the body shop in a week or two.

Never ending story

Countryman JCW
Doesn't say anything about Lancers :tongueout:.

I don't have hair so Evo hair products are no good to me. Maybe a mod can merge
Well first things first, I got extremely jealous when the Impreza thread started to get more attention than the Evo thread (how could that possibly happen when Evo's are clearly the better car?!!... awaits extreme Evo vs Scooby banter), and if that wasn't bad enough, its now looking likely that your rival thread might become even more popular than the original one i created. I don't know how i'll live with myself if that happens.... :coldsweat:

I still think Evo's are mega! I've never even been in one though :cry: For me the VI era on is when they looked the nicest.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Well first things first, I got extremely jealous when the Impreza thread started to get more attention than the Evo thread (how could that possibly happen when Evo's are clearly the better car?!!... awaits extreme Evo vs Scooby banter), and if that wasn't bad enough, its now looking likely that your rival thread might become even more popular than the original one i created. I don't know how i'll live with myself if that happens.... :coldsweat:
I used to like you. [emoji22] [emoji23]

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I'm pleased the scooby the scooby thread is doing well, just shows how common they are!

I see loads of scooby s every week but hardly ever see a evo.

Remember that every evo reviewed has trounced every scooby that itmwas up against, simple really.

I like the 22b however not a good car to drive, P1 I love but just the sound and looks.

No idea how good the spec C/D is but that would be my preferred choice.

Remember, Evo gives 370bhp on a remap, pump, exhaust and 3 port. That's on the 6 below, the rest will hit 385bhp and above.

Scoobys can only dream of those figures without a rebuild...

Evo 5 RS
I hear a lot of people say the Scooby is just easier to live with day to day, but I doubt the same could be said for a P1 for instance. If hunting power is your thing, then that's the easiest choice you can make (evo). I'm seriously thinking of taking mine to 400/400 or there abouts

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Excuse my spelling, screen on the Ipad is going and it's driving me nuts, every other sentence is incorrect. Sodding thing.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Evo is the better car. The scoob is imo a better drive. And the noise :smile:

Better drive? You should of seen the understeer on the 22B at the photo shoot I was at....................................

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Better drive? You should of seen the understeer on the 22B at the photo shoot I was at....................................

Maybe. But if I had to choose another it would be an Impreza. The evo is clinical which imo takes away some of the fun.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Maybe. But if I had to choose another it would be an Impreza. The evo is clinical which imo takes away some of the fun.

Each to,there own obviously, I have enjoyed many years of slaughtering Imprezas, not always in a Evo lol, and I will enjoy many more years doing to also :tongueout::kissingheart:

Evo 5 RS
lol rivals, every schools got them :tongueout:. Scoobs never appealed to me personally, but I would cut a nut for a P1. I think it's chemistry more than anything, some people prefer the more approachable aspects of the Subaru. Just because Evo's have 4 doors doesn't make them practical lol.

Dat brutal acceleration, doe.