ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lambswool Wash Mitt or Chemical Guys Shmitt ?

RenaultSport Clio 182
Hi all

Cleaned my car on Sunday and decided my lambswool wash mitt had seen better days and have decided to replace it. I was going to just buy another the same until I saw the Chemical Guys Wash Shmitt.

http://www.chemicalguysuk.com/product_p/shmt.htm

Anyone recommend one of these or should I just stick with what I've been using for a while.

Any suggestions for alternatives welcome.

Thanks

106 GTi
Not a fan of the Schmitt but that is a personal thing, did not get on with it - a sponge is sponge IMO.

Stick to the Lambswool IMO.

RenaultSport Clio 182
Cheers Rich.

You've not failed me yet with advice, so I'll purchase another.

Who stocks the best Lambswool mitt at the moment ? Appreciate they all do the same thing but I did purchase 1 that started falling apart after a couple of washes.

Cheers Rich.
Appreciate they all do the same thing but I did purchase 1 that started falling apart after a couple of washes.

Real wool wash mitts are prone to rotting.

Have you considered a soft synthetic wool mitt?

106 GTi
Only time I have had a lambswool mitt fail is when I left it in the bucket damp.

Dry them the best I can by shaking them now or even hang them on the line to drive.

Works...kind of...
Never had a problem with Lambswool mitts rotting.

I put mine on the line for a few hours after ever use and it's still as good as new. Had it for about a year now.