ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Laguna Bottom End for RSi

Mr2 Roadster

They did a 1.8 8v lump... I heard a rumour of 120BHP and a shed load of torque??

2005 Nissan Navara

are the heads different? if they are (i.e. 2l has better flow) ud be better off swapping the whole engine to get decent gains. in theory, swapping the head alone would be better than swapping bottom end (providing the new 1 flows better) than the swapping bottom end, since power/torque is proportional to mass airflow through the head. but doing both (i.e. swapping whole lump) is better still

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

same engine types so i dont see why they wouldnt fit together.wouldnt it be easier to just put the complete 2ltr engine in.

Mr2 Roadster

Jay what is the best wat to do it?

If I put a 2.0 8v in whole, will I need new aux parts or will the fit?

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

i would have thought it would be easier just to drop the complete 2ltr engine in(all the engine mounts etc are the same).if you get a complete engine youll get all the auxs bits.i would have thought most of the 1.8 bits would fit on the 2ltr engine anyway if you needed to.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

about 10+bhp(2ltr) but i think its the torque you will gain the most and you can still use the 1.8 gearbox that will help as well.another bonus is the engines look identical so most people wont even know its a 2ltr.

yeah, like i say mate its the same engine pretty much. will go straight in. youll be looking at 200 for an engine from a scrappies. think they are bout 130-40 lb/ft of torque. not 100% on that figure though.

oh soz, thought you were talking to somebody else???? dunno

Conversion would be straight forward enough and just up you to 2ltr spec. Depending what you would want to do whilst the engine is out.

2ltr 8v would be torquey yup.

seems like a nice simple conversion