ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Kw v2's and ast solid top mounts fitting issues

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Fitted my ast solid top mounts to my KW v2's , just been to move it and it's knocking like hell !

I've either fitted them wrong or not got them tight enough , granted i didn't get instructions but didn't think you'd need them ! Ha

Any ideas people

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
Found this pic of somebody else's ast and kw but I don't have the big black pieces just the small black ones which centralize the shaft

Attachments

• DSC_3815.JPG
    DSC_3815.JPG
    301.6 KB · Views: 171

Simon@ASTUK

ClioSport Trader
  BMW E30 M3
Hi

Have you purchased these used? There is a lock ring under the bearing please make sure that is tight and there in no up and down play. Did you check the top pin on the KW was suitable diameter etc?

Simon @ AST Suspension UK

OsEtz40.jpg

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
What are you using as a spring top hat? The correct AST one would then accept the black plastic bearing and collet (the black middle parts in the image), the anodised part then sitting on top of that.

finch wxm

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172
What are you using as a spring top hat? The correct AST one would then accept the black plastic bearing and collet (the black middle parts in the image), the anodised part then sitting on top of that.
Sorted buddy , they just needed afew more turns on the top mount nut , very hard to do the way the nut and top mount has been designed