ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KTR Sports or Scorpion SRN019 for a 182 Cup (not loud thanks)

JMR

RB 182 Cup
The welded bracket on my 182 original back box has broken off, and the exhaust is pretty much on its last legs. Theres really not much point trying to weld to rust :-(

MOT is looming in a few weeks so after searching a fair bit I have whittled it down to two.

1. Scorpion SNR019 with centre silencer - direct from Scorpion about half hour away -can collect from Martin there.
2. KTEC/Janspeed Sports silenced cat back system - from KTEC of course. Thing is they don't have backboxes in til possibly first week in March, only a week or so away, so just wondering..

IF YOU OWN ONE OF THE ABOVE, PLEASE COMMENT on advantages or disadvantages.

I'm tempted by both, thought the KTEC sounded like it's better built, but I understand the brackets are better now on the Scorpions.
Its a fair chunk of cash to spend, and I always regretted buying the Pooperflow cat back for my 172 when I had it as it boomed like buggery at 50mph.

Thoughts please fellas (or alternatives)

JMR

RB 182 Cup
I'm interested in fitment.
Do they fit straight on, no messing about - all my mounting brackets have JUST been replaced.

Don't want any blowing or rattling or poor fits.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
RS192 was also one I was thinking about but someone mentioned blowing and poor/cracked welds, but it is civilised.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
RS192 was also one I was thinking about but someone mentioned blowing and poor/cracked welds, but it is civilised.
I've seen different Scorpions cracked, it's not just one... I fitted my old dears 182 with one, at idle and pulling away its a little louder than Oe but after that it's quiet as a mouse... The middle joint loves to blow but if I reallu made some effort that could be sorted..

Sometimes I think some noise would be nice, but 5 minutes in Clios with louders exhausts just gets on my titties..

On a turbo charged car the whistles, pops, bangs, and exhaust are awesome...

Reactions: JMR

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Cheers Dave, I'm kind of tempted by just being able to pop in to Scorpion and pick one up.
They said they would fit it for me if I could wait a week or so, so I might just do that.

BTW, KTEC offered me their new Centreline exhaust, similar to the Orbisoud style I think. Bit more £££ but looked nice.

AB 182 FF
I have an RS192 with de-cat. It's quiet until you really boot it. I had a Miltek on my previous 182, also with de-cat. It was a bit louder, better made, sat better and had a better sound IMO.

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Didn't know what sort of quality/ sound the Millteks were like.
Just don't want a boomy box

I have a ktec one, not sure on exact model though. Can't comment on fitting it as it was already on my car.

I can assure you it's not boomy and doesn't drone/ resonate in the cab.
Lovely on motorway drives, and I can definitely vouch for motorway noise, I do almost 460 miles a week in mine. At no speed does it drone. Can't hear it at all really apart from when accelerating.

Does sound nice and throaty/meaty on acceleration though. Loud enough to satisfy, but not so loud you feel embarrassed to accelerate anywhere near other humans [emoji14] Doesn't have that horrible raspy/hollow noise from most power flow ones.

I really like it anyway, and would be very happy if I'd paid full price and fitted one. [emoji106]

JMR

RB 182 Cup
I think I am going to go for the KTEC Sports silenced system 2.25" cat back

Be nice to hear a few more opinions on this

Cio 172 Cup,Porsche
I would be tempted to use Scorpion and get them to fit it too.Any problems with it, they cannot blame the fitter then.

BG 182
I have just had the Ktec/Janspeed silenced catback system fitted and it looks good. I was told fitment was simple and it only droops a little on one side because one of the old rear mounts could do with replacing. In comparison to the original exhaust, it makes a nice hum inside the car when you pull away from junctions but otherwise you can only just about hear it at speed and a bit more when accelerating. Personally I am glad I went for the silenced one and also the car drives totally differently with it fitted and generic map by SJM. If you have a new induction kit it will be louder than the exhaust...

Clio 182 FF
I have an RS192 but cannot compare it to standard as I have never driven a clio with a standard exhaust. My RS192 cracked in the centre and scorpion swapped it over for me however I did have to pay to have the new exhaust fitted. I imagine they would do it for you if your close by. I like the appearance but it does take a few zip ties on the rear box hangers to get its position just right in the bumper. Not a difficult task though.

Scorpion now have the centre section with flexi so doesn't crack like older one.

It sounds good but don't be fooled that there's no downside, it can be a bit boomy but it's worth it, sounds very good overall & meant to release some ponies, hence 192.

Only downside of flexi is if you want to do cat-mod, whereby you remove the restrictive exit from the cat & weld to the centre section.

Don't even think about a decat if you don't want it too loud!

Scorpion would be a no-brainer if they're so close. Any probs / mods etc, they're nearby to get sorted :up:

JMR

RB 182 Cup
I've spoken to Martin at Scorpion, (and if I did have any problems with the Clio being a daily driver and an absolute necessity, I could always get it swapped/repaired/replaced next day there)
I have changed my mind again and I think I will go for the SRN019 system.
£13 to deliver it to my door, and my friend at the garage is going to fit it for me and assures me it will be easy on the wallet.
Looking forward to placing the order on Monday and getting it Tuesday as he has one put aside with my name on it. :blush:

JMR

RB 182 Cup
So I phoned KTEC just to see when their silenced Janspeed 2.25" system would be in stock and they said this week!
From a few very positive comments I've read here and there regarding the overall quality of the KTR Janspeed system I have gone and ordered that.

Mind made up, paid for, done.
I am pretty sure this is the right decision - will strap the GoPro on when its fitted :cool:
Excited now - its like Christmas again :smile:

JMR

RB 182 Cup
So it arrived :cool:

IMG_3850.gif

IMG_3851.gif

IMG_3849.gif

IMG_3853.gif

Picking up a new clamp to replace the nasty one which holds the cat/centre pipe in the morning.
Fitting on Saturday

JMR

RB 182 Cup
The garage seem to have made a nice job of fitting it...

IMG_3862.gif

IMG_3865.gif

IMG_3863.gif

Fits nicely within the standard (newly replaced in Nov) hangers
IMG_3864.gif

My rear beam is going to get cleaned treated and painted in a couple of weeks so apologies for muck
IMG_3867.gif

Fits nicely with the centre hanger that I replaced too
IMG_3868.gif

I was a bit concerned about the condition of the cat, but I tried to make the garage's job as easy as possible and bought a new Renault 69mm centre clamp so they could just cut the old one off (bet it wouldn't have come off very easy anyway)
IMG_3869.gif

All in all they seem to have got a nice central fit in the exhaust cut-outs, and when the engine is cold, the slash cut tips are almost dead flush with the angle of the rear bumper. They just sit proud a tiny bit.
When the car has been out on a decent drive, the exhaust certainly grows a bit, and the tips then protrude about 10-15mm outside the bumper, which I am quite happy with.

Opinions on noise?
Certainly very quiet compared to others I have heard.
A subtle tone on tickover, which is nice, slightly deeper tone at low revs, and slightly higher, much smoother free-er flowing tone at high revs.
Very happy to have chosen this.

Only been on a couple of days, so time will tell how it all beds in and performs in the next few weeks.

BG 182
Hello. Could someone help me? I have this exact exhuast system, the tips seem to stick out a lot further and the left one even more than the right almost squinty, any idea what this could be ?

Attachments

• IMG_1165.JPG
    IMG_1165.JPG
    251.4 KB · Views: 118

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Loads of aftermarket ones have issues fitting.
Have you get decent mounts holding the backbox? Stock ones are toss, they collapse and the exhaust sits on the piss.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Might need to slacken the bolts holding the mounts to the car off, wrestle the backbox into position and then tighten the bolts back up.

Hello. Could someone help me? I have this exact exhuast system, the tips seem to stick out a lot further and the left one even more than the right almost squinty, any idea what this could be ?
The left pipe is adjustable buy undoing the exhaust clamp that is holding the tip on.