ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KTR Sports Cat

not worth it mate, considering they are £300 (correct?) you may aswell just get a decat and pay an hours labour each time to fit it, once a year... takes under an hr

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
i've read somewhere that the sports cats still make the emisions to high for the mot, anyone know if this is true?

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
Thats crap isnt it, have you put it thru an MOT yet mate?

not yet goes in May time so will see how bad it is then, i have to use my code reader to get rid of the light, might go get the lambda sensor are gone

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
not yet goes in May time so will see how bad it is then, i have to use my code reader to get rid of the light, might go get the lambda sensor are gone

Probably not the sensor mate, im sure the emisions are too high with sports cats so this will bring the light on. Mine barely passed the mot on emisions with the original cat!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Give the Sensor a Good Clean once ina while and it will probably stay off for longer but yeah as for Emissions that is pretty s**t

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
yeah i bought the car with it on, still got the recipt from k-tec when the last owner bought it but that was about 2 years ago now

Bumder With A Buffer
172 cats are pretty difficult compared tho the really easy 182 cats

PArt of me wants to give it a go (im not a total r****d when it comes to doing things!) but the other part of me is saying let a Garage do it!

Bumder With A Buffer
172. From looking at my Decat (thats been sitting in the kitchen for about 9 months!) its a curvey one that goes up towards teh manifold? But i've never looked underneath how far up it actually goes. Or how much space there is there etc.

I replaced my Exhaust system recently myself from the Cat-Back and that was "relatively easy".

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Been told they are a mare just due to where you have to bolt it onto the mani. If you wanna sell your de-cat drop me a line :)

It's a pain to do. You need someone to hold the other end of the bolts between mani and cat from above while you undo them from below because you can't get your hand round to the other side of them. You have to get it pretty high on stands as well to be able to lie under there in relative comfort.

My emissions light doesn't come on with a decat. I've heard you have to get sports cats nice and hot before you get them tested.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I think ill get a silienced de-cat, hopefully this will get rid of some of the "boomyness" from my system but of course be able louder at high revs.

Monaco 172
some long extension socket things and another person and your flyin! me and Cro off here did mine in 40 mins. i think it was his personal best.

VaVa
It's not technically difficult. It's just a couple of flanges and few bolts at the end of the day. Access is the problem.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Think ill be off to Jam Sport in the month for my de-cat to be fitted along with matched inlets, thats about all I can do to the engine mod wise now without spending lots of cams/fitting and mapping! And I dont really wanna throw my money down the drain like I did on other cars.

Lots of Alfas
Ive had mine fitted for over 2 years now, its passed 2 mots with it on. Its a pain to fit as mentioned its hard to get to, youll need a new manifold to cat fitting kit aswel.

PH1 iceburg
I heard that you have to get sport cats up to quite a high temperature for them to be giving out near to mot standard emissions

Clio 172
i have a sports cat, no light on the dash and went straight through the mot...as it should do, had a decat previously and not noticed any difference in power, just alot easier come mot time than a decat, pricey but saves hassle

PH1 172 Sport
I got mine off of ebay for a third of the price and it was almost brand new. Fitted it on the driveway.

Its not technically difficult it just has bad access. Even if you had ramps you would still need to do it on the ground as someone needs to reach the otherside of the bolts from inside the engine bay sp there only so high up you can go. I found the sports cat free'd the engine up quite a bit and hopefully it'll be ok come mot time. However i wouldn't have paid the full price for one unless my original cat was bust!

A4 oil burner !!!
I bought a second hand sports cat KTR jobby that mated with my KTR stealth and was fine still raspy but not overbearing as the decat i had previously!

Sailed through its MOT from cold on emissions failed on a dodgy hazard switch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stick with a sports cat, mine was at least half price so keep your eyes peeled.