ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KTR Sales, nice ph1 172!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
21   0   0
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Serious?

I've been on this forum over 10 years! Even people that have been here a year know that if it's been touched by them it's probably best leaving alone!

I've read various story's about them in the past. I dont pay much attention as most things on this forum get over exaggerated as I'm sure you've witnessed. People love jumping on the band wagon.

None the less that's a nice ph1 going by the pics.

Trader Rating - 100%
31   0   0
  SQ5
I've read various story's about them in the past. I dont pay much attention as most things on this forum get over exaggerated as I'm sure you've witnessed. People love jumping on the band wagon.

None the less that's a nice ph1 going by the pics.

I've had very bad dealings with their "mapping guru" at his previous place of work, so I think I was first on the wagon! That was 9 years ago!

How he's still in the game I do not know!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
21   0   0
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Fuk me that's out, was that just after they did a belt change?

Last edited:
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  M2 Comp
Fuk me that's out, was that just after they did a belt change?

It was about two months afterwards. They had done the works- cam belt, aux belt, dephaser, water pump, full service, cat back exhaust and "custom remap". Not a small bill by any means. The first thing I did was replace the map with an RSTuner Map and had the timing corrected. It was like a different car!

Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
  Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
It was about two months afterwards. They had done the works- cam belt, aux belt, dephaser, water pump, full service, cat back exhaust and "custom remap". Not a small bill by any means. The first thing I did was replace the map with an RSTuner Map and had the timing corrected. It was like a different car!
What am I looking at there to tell the timing is out?

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be fair to them, they're now running a trade sales business, so it's not as bad as before when they would buy the occasional car and then stick an induction kit on it and want an extra 2k for it because it's been sorted by them.

I assume what they do now is take cars in, give them a 'going over' (questionable standards here) and sell them, without so much messing around with them

Fact is, because of their name to those outside the knowledge of this forum, they're the biggest, and for that reason they get the best stock, they've got some cracking RS models for sale at nearly all times.

NB. They're pretty much on my doorstep, but I take my car to Mike at Rentech, take from that what you will.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  M2 Comp
What am I looking at there to tell the timing is out?

The horse shoe should fit into both the exhaust cam and inlet cam notches like so (courtesy of Fred / BTM) -

And this is how K-Tec do cam timing..... you'll see how the horse shoe doesn't line up with the two notches.

12952755753_5efedc2481_c.jpgtiming out by tommo1991, on Flickr

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Yeah I'd happily have that tbf. Needs eibachs/cooksports though. It's a bit on the high side

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
11   0   0
  Seat Leon
if i had the cash would snap that up then take it to someone on here to check the timing,2 owners low mileage cant be many out there left

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  182 cup
i bought this has had belts however not at k tec
few basic mods that were not advertised Ive been waiting yonks for a nice p1

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  182 cup
i drove quite a way to look at this and the other low mileage example
its in good nick but needs a bit of detailing under the bonnet but seems to be an honest car with a pretty comprehensive service history
was mapped at ktec but some time ago and to be honest pulls well also has the stealth ss exhaust with cat and panel filter.
was worried i might have overpaid but suppose there thin on the ground.