ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktr mount movement

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Whilst on the hunt for a front end knocking I thought i'd try and eliminate the engine/gearbox mounts. What I found was that the engine mount bolts weren't torqued to 44nm and were actually fairly loose. The centre nut on the ktr also seems to have been missing its washer which has led to it eating into the engine cam cover mounting part (Not sure on what this part is called). There does seem to be a washer between the ktr and then this engine mounting which doesn't look like it should be there though and should instead be below the nut. I've whacked a bigger washer on for now, and torqued it all up but i'm not sure if this is how it should be? Is there usually a washer there?

34996916445_f800074540_z.jpg
Snapchat-936647898 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

I also noticed this though, where it looks like the mounting has hit into the torx head. Is the mounting itself knackered if it's been able to move this much, or has this been a result of the nuts not being torqued properly? How can I test the mounts OK?

34609193140_8c5310a288_c.jpg
20170530_203737 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

It felt fine when I just took it for a drive now it's all torqued up, and the movement i was experiencing on changing gear has seemingly reduced. Just recently was 'banging' when changing gear whilst the engine was cold.