ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

KTR Engine Mounts and Vibrations

Clio 172 Cup
Done a quick search but...

I have KTR uprated engine mounts with a Powerflex dogbone gearbox mount. At low revs and when pulling off I get vibrations through the dash. I wondered if there was any way of reducing this? Might sound a silly question. Or are there mounts you would recommend swapping for standard?

Any help is appreciated

If you dont like it put standard ones on. they are pretty much solid hence vibrations moving through the car.

I never noticed any rattling with the ktec mounts on my car old clio.

S3, Polo
With just the Powerflex dogbone on mine, I get a considerable vibration through the car. The solid engine mounts must be pretty horrible on a daily?

Clio 172 Cup
I had a fully stripped Saxo last year with solid engine mounts and it vibrated like a rampant rabbit.

Clio is nowhere near as bad. Just up to 1500rpm then its silky smooth

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
With just the Powerflex dogbone on mine, I get a considerable vibration through the car. The solid engine mounts must be pretty horrible on a daily?

I get next to nothing through mine with the dogbone. Just a slight bit on tickover.

Sure other mounts aren't knackered?

nope.. i have dog bone mount and don't get any extra vibration.. also had solid top mount on my daily for quite a few months and it wasn't that bad tbf

Clio 172 Cup
Nope the mounts are pretty new!

Have the full solid mount set. Its not overly bad, could just be a loose bit of trim more than anything.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I've got a one year old powerflex dogbone, new KTR engine mounts and polybushed arb that are less than a month old,
and I haven't felt any more vibration in the car at all.

I know alot of people say it's unbearable on a daily, but other than the car feeling a bit sturdier,
for me it's exactly the same day to day.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
vibrations usually happen when the mounts are under tension. you have to make sure they're sitting naturally and un-stressed before tightening. Done this way they are perfectly acceptable for daily use

BMW M4; S1000 RR
vibrations usually happen when the mounts are under tension. you have to make sure they're sitting naturally and un-stressed before tightening. Done this way they are perfectly acceptable for daily use

What's the best method to do this?

I mean, you're going to have to slack off all of them, but do you have to support the engine in anyway and then which order would you tighten up ??

Clio 172 Cup

Noticed the upper engine mount is under tension. Thanks for that :) will try adjusting tomorrow

After reading this, I think I may start with just ordering the dogbone mount, then move onto the engine/gearbox mounts if needed.
Will free up money for me to do other things too ;).

Renault Clio 182
When I fitted mine I slackened the bolts very very slightly as the vibrations were really harsh with the bolts slackened I started the car then tightened the bolts back up-Job done the engine moved into its natrual place and has been fine since

Dan At 519 fitted mine when doing cams etc - slight vibration at idle - though only notice it as it the roof against the cage hoop - no vibration setting off or anything else. Fitting seems to be key here....

S3, Polo
I should have made it clear that mine just vibrates while at idle. It's nothing like as major as my first post stated, but enough to irritate the girlfriend by making her boobs vibrate when sat at some lights. Nom.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I should have made it clear that mine just vibrates while at idle. It's nothing like as major as my first post stated, but enough to irritate the girlfriend by making her boobs vibrate when sat at some lights. Nom.

I see no issue.....???

Clio 172 Cup
Dan@519 I did what you said and all is spot on now! :) thanks. Gear changes are also more crisp for some reason.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I've got a one year old powerflex dogbone, new KTR engine mounts and polybushed arb that are less than a month old,
and I haven't felt any more vibration in the car at all.

I know alot of people say it's unbearable on a daily, but other than the car feeling a bit sturdier,
for me it's exactly the same day to day.

Yours is cushioned and damped by dog hair thou dave :D

Evo 5 RS
You'll normally always get cabin vibration at idle with them, but when driving - definite no no. I fail to see the logic in people who uprate them and then moan afterward. What do people think they do exactly lol.

Just had the powerflex dogbone fitted to mine (this morning) and have slight vibration in the steering wheel now so does it just need time to settle down, maybe fitted wrong or just normal?

172 cup
Just had the powerflex dogbone fitted to mine (this morning) and have slight vibration in the steering wheel now so does it just need time to settle down, maybe fitted wrong or just normal?

When I first fitted mine there was quite a bit more vibration but now after about 4-500 miles
Its back to normal so should settle down after a while mate

Ok cheers. I would have fitted this myself but was unable to undo one of the bolts :( If it doesnt settle down will have a check that the mount isnt under tension