ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec Stealth Tailpipe

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
Has anyone changed the tail pipe on the stealth system? I quite fancy the recessed look with a bumper cut out on my 172 Cup, just wondered if anyone else has done this, and if they did what tail pipe did they use, or was it a custom job?

Cheers!

PH2 172
Has anyone changed the tail pipe on the stealth system? I quite fancy the recessed look with a bumper cut out on my 172 Cup, just wondered if anyone else has done this, and if they did what tail pipe did they use, or was it a custom job?

Cheers!

What`s recessed about it if you have a tail pipe sticking out through a cut out in the bumper?

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
Just like the Ktec recessed exhaust
hqdefault.jpg

rather than the stealth

dscf2299-jpg.450394

Oddesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup, FK2 Type R
I've purchased a pms carbon surround and one of these to do the same to mine, yet to find time to find a welder to weld the new pipe on though.

The pipe will need about 2" chopping off it or it is going to stick out too far.

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-5-quot-8...ailpipe-Tip-/250863162289?txnId=2231895180015

That looks pretty decent, there's a custom exhaust place near me, could probably just ask them to sort it for me. Don't really fancy cutting my bumper though D:

Do you know if it has any effect at all on the noise it makes?

monaco 172
Apparently it queitns it down a little bit inside the cabin as the noise goes straight out the back rather than bouncing back up off the road into the boot.

Weather it makes a noticeable different or not I couldn't say as I've put it on hold now till the summer.