ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec Stealth exhaust?

Monaco 172
Just bought the supersports version recently and fit it this morning, its allot louder than I expected tbh and was wondering if its possible to order just the silenced centre section from ktec, has anyone done this before and if anybody knows if there's a noticeable difference in road noise that would be a big help. I wanted it abit louder, a nice exhaust note, not just a ridiculous constant drone/humming through all of the gears. Far too loud for my liking :dead:

Cheers Dom

ive got a 182 with a custom exhaust that had no middle box so ive fitted a ktec middle section to mine in the hope of having a nice quiet car but it made sod all difference.. ive even cut open both back boxes and re packed them and still made hardly any difference. next step for me is remove the sports cat and fit a standard one for one last try.

SAAB 93 Aero TTiD SS
Just bought the supersports version recently and fit it this morning, its allot louder than I expected tbh and was wondering if its possible to order just the silenced centre section from ktec, has anyone done this before and if anybody knows if there's a noticeable difference in road noise that would be a big help. I wanted it abit louder, a nice exhaust note, not just a ridiculous constant drone/humming through all of the gears. Far too loud for my liking :dead:

Cheers Dom

exactly the mistake i made, far too loud. I ordered the silenced center section after about a month from ktec, roughly £180 i think then sold the unsilenced part on here for £70ish.

Oh and its a lot quieter, nicer sound

2002 172
Stealth, in my opinion will always be louder as the tailpipe doesn't exit the bumper so will resonate under the car. Just my opinion.

RB 182
Same here mate, I got the silenced section last week after only having the system on 3 weeks. Looking like the weekend to fit it now so can update you after (I've taken a vid of current setup and will do one after, quality isn't that clever though). Been told the flange on the current setup can be removed and added to the new section when fitting so don't worry if you were wondering where that is on your new silenced section, I checked with K-Tec before taking the exhaust apart.

Monaco 172
That's good to know, I'll get on the phone with them tomorrow and get it sorted. If anybody's wanting a brand new unsilenced section let me know as I'll most likely be selling it on when the other arrives.

Cheers Dom

Monaco 172
Same here mate, I got the silenced section last week after only having the system on 3 weeks. Looking like the weekend to fit it now so can update you after (I've taken a vid of current setup and will do one after, quality isn't that clever though). Been told the flange on the current setup can be removed and added to the new section when fitting so don't worry if you were wondering where that is on your new silenced section, I checked with K-Tec before taking the exhaust apart.

Thanks for that, was wondering if it was a straight swap out job.

Monaco 172
Shouldn't be ridiculously loud from my experience...

I meant the drone inside the car, its been doing my head in. Its not too loud outside the car.. but I would prefer it abit quieter tbh. So if that's the case with will the silenced section its looking like that's the one for me

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
Phone ktec

I have just done the opposite :) Ordered the unsilenced centre section. Sean was very helpful and said he was getting a big order of them through tomorrow.

Monaco 172
Phone ktec

I have just done the opposite :) Ordered the unsilenced centre section. Sean was very helpful and said he was getting a big order of them through tomorrow.

To be fair, it has quietened down abit, more rasp than boom now. I was told today they take 500-600 miles to bed in fully but I still ordered the silenced section.

Countryman JCW
I bought the silenced cat back system as im going to be running a de-cat and didnt want it to be too loud, its only a little louder than the standard exhaust i replaced it with ! Really impressed with it and the fitment is pretty good too!

Be interesting to see what its going to sound like with 1.2 bar of boost going through it!

Monaco 172
Just a little update, got the silenced section on now and its absolutely perfect. Not loud at all, unless you boot it. Far better sound imo and the big bonus of course.. that ridiculous drone has gone lol, as said before it comes in at about 60-70mph uphill but its still quieter than the unsilenced version even then.
Really pleased with it :approve: