ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ktec sports cat?

Titanium Clio 182
I will be purchasing the ktec janspeed supersports cat back this week and wanted opinions on the ktec sports cat?

My standard cat is ok at the mo but would it be worth spending the extra cash on the full system? I do have the money but wondered weighed its worth the extra £300 or maybe worth spending on other more usefull mods.
Would it run better?
Bhp gains?
Would it be louder with a sports cat than the standard cat? Sorry so many questions!

I don't really want to De cat but I know that would better for power just I don't really want to loud or defen my 4 yr old girl ! Lol.
Maybe it would be better buying a maxogen induction carbon kit as they have had good reviews and simular money but will probably just go with the ktec induction as half the price and highly rated.

All opinions wanted thanx.

Clio 172 phase 1
Hi mate sorta relevant but I had a piper sports cat on my mk6.5 fiesta zetec s ... Failed the mot and was a waste of £226 luckily I kno the garage and it just slid though. Therefore IMO there not worth it buy a decat and swapping over some mot time

Clio 172 phase 1
P.s make you'r own k tec style one don't buy a ktec one you can make one for all of £110 there is a guide on here says my ktec style induction kit .... Do that and use the rest of the money on a service or summat

Titanium Clio 182
Hi mate sorta relevant but I had a piper sports cat on my mk6.5 fiesta zetec s ... Failed the mot and was a waste of £226 luckily I kno the garage and it just slid though. Therefore IMO there not worth it buy a decat and swapping over some mot time

Yeah I think that would be the best option mate thanks and they say that they always pass emissions tests with sports cats on? Sucks. Thnks for ya help bro.

Titanium Clio 182
P.s make you'r own k tec style one don't buy a ktec one you can make one for all of £110 there is a guide on here says my ktec style induction kit .... Do that and use the rest of the money on a service or summat

Yeah that's a good guide and thanks mate.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I've had a couple of sports cat over the years. Always worked fine. Only time I failed the MOT it was a dodgy lambda sensor.

The 182 already has a sports cat, the only restrictive bit is the pipe on the back. I'd just go to an exhaust place and get the to fit a bigger diamater pipe to match the exhaust system.

Titanium Clio 182
I have that system with a unsilenced centre and decat it's nice! If you want some ideas of noise let me know ill send you a video give you am idea of idle and driving

Does the system bolt straight to standard cat? I know you have decat pipe but thought I would ask as u have same system I want. Cheers.

Titanium Clio 182
I've had a couple of sports cat over the years. Always worked fine. Only time I failed the MOT it was a dodgy lambda sensor.

The 182 already has a sports cat, the only restrictive bit is the pipe on the back. I'd just go to an exhaust place and get the to fit a bigger diamater pipe to match the exhaust system.

Does it in anyway improve performance then? Otherwise decat pipe is a third of the price and should improve performance by a very small fraction I guess.