ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec/Ramair/Fatty....

Clio 172 cup
Been having issues with my fatty setup for a while doesn’t roar and sound as crisp as it used to changed the silicone breather bend for standard one and put a new larger Ramair from the link above and still sounds the same the only thing I can do now is take the Marc r battery cover off might be hampering some of the air getting to the filter

RB Clio 182
Been having issues with my fatty setup for a while doesn’t roar and sound as crisp as it used to changed the silicone breather bend for standard one and put a new larger Ramair from the link above and still sounds the same the only thing I can do now is take the Marc r battery cover off might be hampering some of the air getting to the filter
Thats weird mate, theres basically bo reason why it should sound quiter unles its in your head.

Clio 172 cup
Thats weird mate, theres basically bo reason why it should sound quiter unles its in your head.
Haha I wish it was in my head I can’t understand it ! It’s like one tone all the way when it should be roaring will have to get a video uploaded

RB Clio 182
Haha I wish it was in my head I can’t understand it ! It’s like one tone all the way when it should be roaring will have to get a video uploaded
Then id say its more engine related rather than the filter set up itself.

The filter doesnt make the noise all by itself, the noise comes from the engine, out of the throttle boddy, down the pipe of love, and explodes into amphasite out of the ramair filter, into bits.

Clio 172 cup
Then id say its more engine related rather than the filter set up itself.

The filter doesnt make the noise all by itself, the noise comes from the engine, out of the throttle boddy, down the pipe of love, and explodes into amphasite out of the ramair filter, into bits.
Well it does have cams matched inlets ktec stealth and decat plus a shite map which needs sorting , only fitted the larger Ramair earlier today just been out tried it from 2nd up to 4th up the dual carriageway hill it’s getting slighter louder but might need a few more mikes excuse the crap video ha

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Was loud before?
Decat makes the car louder.
Induction gets quieter, although it doesn’t really.
Decat makes the car louder.

Imo.

Clio 172 cup
Who mapped the car? What did you have done before it was mapped?
It’s going to efi once Carl does the belts , it has a file map on now got it mapped same place twice first time with standard exhaust and then with ktec exhaust and decat but this was a few years ago before I knew about efi , I’m looking forward to getting it finally mapped properly

Clio 172 cup
Good stuff, will run really nicely. If your looking to swap bits, do so before efi.

:smile:
f**k it it’s staying like it is quite like the exhaust note as is but will loose that if I put standard cat on , guess I will just have to live with less induction noise