ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec racing coilover setup

Does anyone have the ktec racing coilovers fitted with 15” dynamic pro 1.2 wheels?
I’m desperate to get a ride hight from the centre of the wheel to the top of the wheel arch.

They are adjustable coilovers, it can be what ever distance you want to be (within reason)
That correct, Iv had them low and the car under steers really bad and Iv had them higher but the car tends to have lots of body roll. Iv tried inbetween but I’m still fighting with under steer or body roll. I can’t find a good ride hight

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
That correct, Iv had them low and the car under steers really bad and Iv had them higher but the car tends to have lots of body roll. Iv tried inbetween but I’m still fighting with under steer or body roll. I can’t find a good ride hight

With the range of movement we are talking about, body roll wouldnt be (noticeably) effected by ride height, nor should it effect understeer unless the other geometry isnt set correctly. As above, get it professionally set up.

406 V6, Race Buggy
As above, you're probably having trouble because you're not setting the car in the right place for the working stroke of the damper rather than the ride height making the car roll, or getting the cross weights way out, etc...

Clio 182
The Ktec cheap coilovers? Notoriously softly spring and poorly damped so you’re unlikely I get an amazing setup whatever you try unfortunately. Are you running a small amount of rake (I.e the front ride height slightly lower than the rear)?