ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ktec R1 suspension from Nitron

I see in my recent track driver magazine that K-tec have developed shocks with Nitron now .....

Apart from them stating they are german (and Nitron are and always have been british made british engineered shocks) they are actually bloody good .

Run nitron suspension on a number of cars myself (though don't expect them to be cheap)

http://www.k-tecracing.com/news.asp#

182cup & 172 racecar
I noticed this too in Track Driver, had to giggle, I think I was the first to drive with these on a Clio when myself and James went down to see them.

They were cobbled together from odd bit's they had laying around, very well made stuff though, and they showed us around their place in Witney (not Germany).

I noticed this too in Track Driver, had to giggle, I think I was the first to drive with these on a Clio when myself and James went down to see them.

They were cobbled together from odd bit's they had laying around, very well made stuff though, and they showed us around their place in Witney (not Germany).

Have had some good stuff from them ,and they have always been willing to work on valving for the right spring rates , great on warranty and not stupid on rebuilding costs .....

The quality when they get it right is good , like the look of those top mounts with caster and camber built in .

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Will be better off going with something tried and tested imo. Guy has been promoting the company to get more road car solutions out there for years, still can't see KTec changing the game with this tbh.

Are they going to be considerably more appealing than anything out there at the moment? (performance vs cost)... I doubt it.

Will be better off going with something tried and tested imo. Guy has been promoting the company to get road car parts out there for years, can't see KTec changing the game with this tbh.

Are they going to be considerably more appealing than anything out there at the moment? (performance vs cost)... I doubt it.

I would trust the quality of Guy's products if i was putting them on my car , and would at least have someone to work with to get it right who is uk based ,and actually makes the stuff .....

Other stuff that's out there is just bought in by importers , but then i would buy from Guy himself as i have in the past ..... , i had nitons on elises , years before they were the adopted shock of choice , nothing wrong with being an early adopter if you know what you want and need

Doubt K-tec add anything into the mix ,on the matter though .

Last edited:
  182cup & 172 racecar
Slightly negative response there.

They might be more appealing if they actually respond to people, unlike AST suppliers atm.

fair do's then didn't realise that K-tec actually ran any cars , someone must be having an input into spring rates and valving then ....... says product not available on the k-tec website , yet they had them at autosport back in January

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The set I tried was on a 172 Cup

were they hey better than AST?

Guessing you didn't do enough testing to really tell but nitron do have the background to make it so they are, seems a weird time to get into mk2 clios though with such a high end product now they are such a cheap car and already so well catered for.

Cup In bits
Unless I missed it, they will only cater 197/200 Clios.

Nitron or any of the elite suspension firms will make you something if you want it, it doesn't need to be available in a magazine or web shop.... the prices are surprisingly good for a fully custom setup with company's I have spoken too when compared to AST 1's and 2's which have became an easy go to shock IMO, pity they aren't so easy to deal with.

182cup & 172 racecar
Hard to tell really Chip, Witney town center and a blast up some back road with it bouncing all over the place, wasn't a good comparison to any track I've been on.

S4 Avant
Good respected brand, always the first name TVR owners run to with suspension.

they won't be good enough for Clio owners though and nitron will be left wondering why they wanted to get into the Clio market in the first place.

They don't race any cars (it was a flippant comment) sorry if I mislead you.

Don't worry Tony i assumed you knew something i didn't , and was having a blond moment due to having had a woman at a call centre totally throw me at the time of my post ......... (don't talk to me about switching utilities)

Nitron make a first class product ,and they make stuff for smaller more niche markets than renaults so i see no reason why they wouldn't if asked ...... however the product seems to have died , maybe Josh at cooksport needs to have a word , and get Guy sorting something out if K-tec can't be assed, at least Josh might have some usefull input .

Oh and maybe K-tec told track driver they were german !!! , not that track driver mag should know bloody better anyway

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Is Cooksport plugging Nitron now too or is there a link with K-tec and Josh I don't know?

I think people were suggesting that:
ktec + nitron = not going anywhere
josh + nitron = sounds an epic combination

Ie it was just an "if only..."

Cup In bits
It hasn't worked too well from a customer service point of view with the current AST pairing on here from reports I have heard.

It hasn't worked too well from a customer service point of view with the current AST pairing on here from reports I have heard.

i would suggest ast are a pain to deal with being where they are ...... dealing with a UK supplier who is easy to visit is much better.

Cup In bits
i would suggest ast are a pain to deal with being where they are ...... dealing with a UK supplier who is easy to visit is much better.

I do know AST are awful to deal with direct sometimes but you seem to get better results going directly to them, its not possible for half the country to go visit a shop (which will usually be in central England) so it has little to no benefit having a shop for most IMO??

BMW M4; S1000 RR
My comment wasn't aimed at Nitron's craftsmanship. I had the pleasure of a nosy round their workshop and the attention to detail there was 2nd to none.

Considering the cars they like playing with and last time I was there Guy was knocking about in a GT3 I just don't think they'll be getting heavily involved with the development of a Renault kit which will leave the testing and feedback up to KTec.

My comment wasn't aimed at Nitron's craftsmanship. I had the pleasure of a nosy round their workshop and the attention to detail there was 2nd to none.

Considering the cars they like playing with and last time I was there Guy was knocking about in a GT3 I just don't think they'll be getting heavily involved with the development of a Renault kit which will leave the testing and feedback up to KTec.

you would be surprised at what low volume niche kits they have supplied and worked on , and its a reason why i suggested josh would be a good avenue to develop a kit .

Guy does stuff for caterham , westfield , tvr , various lotus cars , all very low volume sales initially

Cup In bits
Clio's have reached that age where their involvement in club racing is multiplying hugely, they would be stupid to miss out on a trick IMO. If you speak to all these lesser known company's (in the mainstream) most of them have already had a play with a Clio years ago.